GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my trike below, I have put baker wings on, hand,middle and the trike wings...they work great for keeping air off of you, but do nothing for the heat on your feet...are they any fix for the roasting of my feet short of removing the floorboards ?????

thanks
Dave

·
Banned
226 Posts
this is my trike below, I have put baker wings on, hand,middle and the trike wings...they work great for keeping air off of you, but do nothing for the heat on your feet...are they any fix for the roasting of my feet short of removing the floorboards ?????

thanks
Dave
Move out of Texas

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Switch to the standard GL foot wings .... they still direct the air around the kit and protect the fenders just about as well from bugs and stuff as the billboard Trike specific units but allow a bit more of a breeze. For me the Trike units blocked too much air. :yes1:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Dave I had the same problem. Fortunately, I have really bad knees so I couldn't ride long with my feet on the stock GL1800 foot pegs. I installed this set of Kuryakyn pegs and now ride quite comfortable. Because I have pretty short legs I installed the new pegs just like the picture shows. The fit me well....

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/310/Right-Angle-Pegs

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave I had the same problem. Fortunately, I have really bad knees so I couldn't ride long with my feet on the stock GL1800 foot pegs. I installed this set of Kuryakyn pegs and now ride quite comfortable. Because I have pretty short legs I installed the new pegs just like the picture shows. The fit me well....

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/310/Right-Angle-Pegs

Hope this helps...
Goldrush, I have pegs on the engine gaurd but the heat is still intense...lookin at you trike, your floorboards dont go as far forward as mine do..I think that is the problem with mine

can you show me a bigger pic of your trike

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
"...any fix for the roasting of my feet short of removing the floorboards ?????" That would help. Having owned trikes with and without, I will not buy another with them. They are 'cute' but perform no useful function IMO.

thanks
Dave

·
Registered
734 Posts
Goldrush, I have pegs on the engine gaurd but the heat is still intense...lookin at you trike, your floorboards dont go as far forward as mine do..I think that is the problem with mine

can you show me a bigger pic of your trike
Her You are. This was taken right after I brought the trike home but the few changes I've made are just cosmetic. :coffee1: :coffee1:

You might have something with that length observation... For some reason my left foot gets hotter then the right what little I do have my feet on the oem pegs.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Goldrush, your trike looks great....my floorboards are completely different from yours....I think Im going to try and make an adjustable wing for the bottom...

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Just wondering, you do have the foot Warmers closed....?

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
yes, I have checked the foot warmer doors, Ive even got off and pushed them with my hand
It was just a thought....let you ride my Harley...you'll think you're in a freezer when you get back on the wing.....:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was just a thought....let you ride my Harley...you'll think you're in a freezer when you get back on the wing.....:)
what kind of Harley do you have ? I have a 03 EG and its not hot after I put true duals on it

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts