GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finishing up on the two year service and putting the bike back together, when I must of pulled a little to hard on the cable and it pulled apart down inside of the lower cowl. Is there a way to connect the two cables from the vents, back to the control cable?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
is the # 1 part you need info on ? This is for 06

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
That is a fairly stout little cable, maybe it has simply came loose from where it is secured on the lower end?? Kit

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I was finishing up on the two year service and putting the bike back together, when I must of pulled a little to hard on the cable and it pulled apart down inside of the lower cowl. Is there a way to connect the two cables from the vents, back to the control cable?
I just had mine replaced on my 06 as well. They said they couldn't just reconnect it because a piece was lost. It required the entire piece. It was fine by me since it was still under warranty. I've heard several people have had to replace theirs. Usually under warranty.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fred

There is a adjustable barrel connector on the 08. It is located behind the lower cowl on the left side where the two cables are joined. Not sure how the 06 cable was created but on the 08 the ends are just like the cables on a bicycle. The are capped with a pressed soft metal button and hook into each vent and the open/close lever.

·
Vendor
21,413 Posts
There is a adjustable barrel connector on the 08. It is located behind the lower cowl on the left side where the two cables are joined. Not sure how the 06 cable was created but on the 08 the ends are just like the cables on a bicycle. The are capped with a pressed soft metal button and hook into each vent and the open/close lever.
Thanks, that's good to know.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I pulled to hard on mine , it came apart behind the lower left cowling area they come together there and can most likely be fixed by removing the lower front cowl.,
Fred no barrell adjustment , what it is is all there is (on 2006) if I remember correct? been a while

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed the cable by losening the barrel bolts, closing vents by placing a object against the flaps, disconnected the lever cable. That allowed the three cables to hang out of the covers behind lower cowel and I wired tied the three cables together. Reconnected lever cable and adjusted barrel bolts with lever closed untill the vents closed.
Works like new.:p

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Why repair? unless a temp fix. If under warranty get it fixed, they may have a way to fix it so it don't happen again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts