GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second attempt to try and post this. So here goes again.Just received a new Big Bike Parts catalog and I see a Foot Peg Lowering kit. These essentially lower the pegs a couple inches and moves them forward a couple inches. I ride a 2012 and I am 6-3 and this looks like a reasonable way to gain leg room. When riding I am not an aggressive rider and rarely drag the pegs so I do not think this would be a problem. I am also not a fan of Highway pegs so they are not a consideration. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I wonder how the usage of the shifter and brake pedal will be impacted with repositioned foot pegs. Maybe the shifter and brake pedal can be moved enough to compensate? :shrug:

Many find that increasing the seat height accomplishes a similar goal. There are several options though perhaps a bit more expensive than these foot pegs you found.

This is my second attempt to try and post this. So here goes again.Just received a new Big Bike Parts catalog and I see a Foot Peg Lowering kit. These essentially lower the pegs a couple inches and moves them forward a couple inches. I ride a 2012 and I am 6-3 and this looks like a reasonable way to gain leg room. When riding I am not an aggressive rider and rarely drag the pegs so I do not think this would be a problem. I am also not a fan of Highway pegs so they are not a consideration. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The Wing has about 40-degrees of lean. Even if that went down a bunch, you might still have 30-degrees of lean. That is about the same as the Electra a Glide. Plenty of folks ride those. Ask the maker what to do about the shifter and brake pedal. Good luck. I'd love to read your report if you go ahead with it.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If they are the same as Show Chrome has stay away from them even in the higher position they drag quite easily,take a look at these KU4328 @ Wingstuff I like them

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
If they are the same as Show Chrome has stay away from them even in the higher position they drag quite easily,take a look at these KU4328 @ Wingstuff I like them
6'6" here. That is what I went with and I can't complain. For the price, under $100, I was able to adjust these to my liking. There are 3 mount points and then they can be titled as well. For my long legs they ended up moved back and with the front pointing down a couple of clicks. Because they are thin on the outside edge, I gained 3/4 inch for my legs, but only lost 1/4 inch of ground clearance. I can get my big boots on the shifter and brake controls better now. For cruising I can hang my heel on the front edge and let my toes hang down. When the spirit kicks in, I get my toes on top so I can move around better.

I think giving up 2 inches would be a "drag". YMMV.

http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=KU4328

Hoss

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
I would follow up with this. If I was riding solo, I would be sitting on a Wingsoft Big guys seat, moving me up and back. That did give me more leg room. However, my honey did not care for it do to her loss of room.

Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
6'6" here. That is what I went with and I can't complain. For the price, under $100, I was able to adjust these to my liking. There are 3 mount points and then they can be titled as well. For my long legs they ended up moved back and with the front pointing down a couple of clicks. Because they are thin on the outside edge, I gained 3/4 inch for my legs, but only lost 1/4 inch of ground clearance. I can get my big boots on the shifter and brake controls better now. For cruising I can hang my heel on the front edge and let my toes hang down. When the spirit kicks in, I get my toes on top so I can move around better.

I think giving up 2 inches would be a "drag". YMMV.

http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=KU4328

Hoss
These mini boards are what I used. I kept them level, then adjusted the brake pedal linkage and installed and adjusted the shifter linkage from DHSRacing.com which also makes the shifting action much better as well. This combination works extremely well and (so far) I haven't dragged the boards, the Kury Highway Pegs, even with the shortest arms are another story LOL.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ironhorse do you also use highway pegs if so witch one's? ?
I'm 6' 5" and almost triked my 03 this year do to knee pain
if I can figure this out I would like to stay on 2 wheels

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Check out the "Comfortable" link in my signature. It may help.
:agree: There's some good info he has available. Not everything is for every rider, but a good place to start. I personally have Mic-O-Pegs (used to teach Sunday School with the inventor), MBL risers, Floorboards which lets me move my feet around a bit, Utopia backrest (ahhhhh), and Shinhopples foam grips.

the biggest improvements, in order were: the Utopia, Mic-O-Pegs, MBL risers, and the floorboards (floorboards not so much, but better than stock pegs).

I could not do the long distance rides without the first three.

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
Ironhorse do you also use highway pegs if so witch one's? ?
I'm 6' 5" and almost triked my 03 this year do to knee pain
if I can figure this out I would like to stay on 2 wheels
When I bought the bike it had Kury ISO Hwy pegs with the long arms. They were too close straight back and too low, dragging in the curves if turned down at all. I changed to the short arms and have them rolled forward. That has worked for me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i think this is what he's is looking for . if so you mite need to move the brake up or down some ot fit your liking

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
i think this is what he's is looking for . if so you mite need to move the brake up or down some to fit your liking

I've got a brand new set of these, that if the OP or anyone else would like . . . send me a PM . . . they're taking up room on my shelf. I prefer the mini boards, but to each his own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts