GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions concerning the purchase of foot pegs for my 2008 Goldwing. I've looked at what is available from Kuryakin (sp?) and read reviews. It would appear that the Kuryakin model #4056 is what I need. Aside from poor installation instructions, this model seems to provide quality and flexability.

Comments or suggestions please.

·
Vendor
17,818 Posts
Not sure about the quality of chrome. I removed my highway pegs because of their poor chome quality. Is there a reason you do not like the OEM ones?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions concerning the purchase of foot pegs for my 2008 Goldwing. I've looked at what is available from Kuryakin (sp?) and read reviews. It would appear that the Kuryakin model #4056 is what I need. Aside from poor installation instructions, this model seems to provide quality and flexability.

Comments or suggestions please.
I bought the Kury highway pegs but found that I just couldn't get them into a position that suited me (I'm about 5'-7") unless I had the arms positioned below horizontal, which Kury say is not safe.

I then found out that they offer an optional 4.5" arm instead of the standard 6", I bought the shorter arm and now they are a better fit in my case.

I have to say I don't use them a whole lot though, I guess it is maybe because the cylinder heads on the Wing force my legs to be further out and I don't find them as comfortable as I did with my last bike - a Honda ACE.

Still nice on a long trip though to change position now and then if only for a short while.

The ones' I bought have the "switchblade" pegs which seemed like a good idea, but I rarely use that feature.

Brian.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Kury

ALL of the Kury accessories I have, the chrome is peeling & look like crap.
I'll either look for an alternate way to refinish or start saving for another brand. Learned an expensive lesson there.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Mic-O-Pegs

·
Registered
112 Posts
Kuryakyn is Junk

ALL of the Kury accessories I have, the chrome is peeling & look like crap.
I'll either look for an alternate way to refinish or start saving for another brand. Learned an expensive lesson there.
:agree: Smoker is right. I have the same problem. Will not waste my money on anything Kury again. I might try Rivco when I replace my bad Chrome. Rivco has a two year warranty while Kury is only one year.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I must be lucky. I have Kury stuff on the 06 Wing and i have not had any problems. I had Kury on my 03 Harley and did not have any problems then ether.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts