GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there's a kit available that would use the same principle as the Honda foot warmer? Has anyone tackled a homemade design for something like this? It sure seems like a shame to me that Honda couldn't have made this standard on all models or at least made simple, inexpensive parts available to add this option. Seems to me that an aftermarket designer and company could create such an add-on without too much brain strain or expense and make a handsome profit.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
1947rider, USELESS, imo. Like trying to use heat from the radiators.

·
Registered
748 Posts
foot warmers

Well, they may not put out too much heat, but IMHO they work great as a cold air and rain deflector, both of which I have extensive experience with living here in the Great Pacific North Wet.

But, I think it would be a pricey and cumberson conversion.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Tulsa has a "hot foot" for the 1800,it clips on and works well.I bought them several years ago.They do make my feet warmer.Check their web site for details.

I just placed an order for the Hot Foot a couple of days ago with directline. I was told that they may not be available for a while because they are being revamped to work with the "Comfort Package" wings.

Russ

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I agree with Galewing....The foot warmers are not noticeable (to me) over 40mph.....I ride all year in all temps...highway speeds ....useless!

Mark

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have the whole baker set up, money well spend. The foot wings along with the leg wings work great. I have no problem with my boots or legs getting wet as long as you are riding at about 30 MPH and up. And they both do a pretty good job at keeping most of the cold air off you too. If you are looking to stay totally warm and dry, ride in a cage.

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
The Tulsa "hot foot's" work so well that if you forget to remove them when you hit hot weather you will yank them off in a hurry. And they help to keep your feet dry in the wet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.