GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning.

Just bought this '01 1800 and ordered a lot of accessories. First item was the Baker foot wings as I found out the 1800 is waaaaaay colder than the 1500. They do OK, but not like the 1500. I put on a pair of ERGO II's yesterday and it appears the foot wings will have to be altered or something to be able to be installed to do their job. Anyone running both? How did you work the two in together?

Thanks again,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
STOP!!! don't dremel! The foot wings and the Ergo II foot pegs will work in perfect harmony. Bakerbuilt changed their units so as to be able to accomidate the Ergo's. You may have to move your ergo mounts back (towards rear) a fraction of an inch but you should have no clearance problems. It is a little tight, but if you angle the footwings correctly while installing them they will slip right on around the ergo's. I've enjoyed mine since june and that was the only adjustment I had to make.

Good luck!

Daveo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, Thanks

STOP!!! don't dremel! The foot wings and the Ergo II foot pegs will work in perfect harmony. Bakerbuilt changed their units so as to be able to accomidate the Ergo's. You may have to move your ergo mounts back (towards rear) a fraction of an inch but you should have no clearance problems. It is a little tight, but if you angle the footwings correctly while installing them they will slip right on around the ergo's. I've enjoyed mine since june and that was the only adjustment I had to make.

Good luck!

Daveo

OK, thanks I will try that.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.