GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see all these here "wrenches" offering their skills for a cost, well heres yer chance:

I have a shop, I will put on whatever you bring over for free well you buy lunch. I do this as a way to help others learn how to do it themselves. Bring oil and filter,I got a lift and tools and will step you thru it. 1200 needs a stator? get the parts, bring it over and we will get it done. Decide which side you want to do and I do the other. Tires? get em I will help you take em off, go get them mounted and balanced and put them back on, brakes? easy peazy.

Been doing it this way for 30 years now. Tools? lol I got just about every tool known to a mechanic.

Car needs an engine? come on over I got a cherry picker, I have done over 20 engines in my shop last 13 years.

Been doing it as a pro since 1976

·
Outta Here by M2
1 Posts
Mark,
Thanks for the offer, but I live too far away just to get help on my oil change. When I eventually pass your way, I'll try to look you up. I don't see why your offer got moved from the general forum to the Iowa forum, except to try to hide it. The others offers for motorcycle training are still in the general forum, although they are still state specific.

The other Honda forum that I go to, frequently has "tech days", where a trained and experienced member will host a day of bike repair at his home. Several riders show up, wrench on their bikes, and go home with the knowledge of how to do it themselves the next time, all for free. It sounds like this is exactly what you are offering. I've been riding and wrenching since the '60's. That was back in the days when, if you saw another bike, you would stop and ask for advice on how to fix your bike. Back then, you had to watch your manners and have a good attitude, or you didn't get the help you needed. There was no hiding behind the internet when you wanted to argue. Face to face, you can quickly tell if they walk-the-walk or just talk-the-talk.

Keep up up the good work,

john

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
He should try to restart it without listing OMAHA in the title

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.