GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, an idea – well really two ideas – I’ll separate them into different posts.

I’ve been thinking about what Skeeterbeater, BrianH, KYBlue and so many others have done and have been doing on behalf of Bev, and began to think about her likely long recovery and her future.

So, here’s the first one.

Over the coming spring, summer and fall many of the gl1800riders forum members have plans to attend one, or more, gatherings, ride ins, or other events. Several that come to mind that are wing “specific” (well, not really) are the Arkansas RideIn in April, Cats-Cade in May, Smokey Mountain RideIn in June, and the list goes on.

What if those attending one of the events obtained, in advance, from eBay, Amazon, a local merchant, wherever, a stuffed pink flamingo. Then, at the event, gather all the wings, and their riders (and passengers) – all with their pink flamingoes – take a picture of the group, sign a card and send it to Bev.

With any luck, and some help from upstairs, she’ll be awake, coherent, and communicative by then and it would provide a steady stream of encouragement and support from those that are thinking of her.

Just an idea, but, whatcha think?

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Cool:agree:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
What if those attending one of the events obtained, in advance, from eBay, Amazon, a local merchant, wherever, a stuffed pink flamingo. Then, at the event, gather all the wings, and their riders (and passengers) – all with their pink flamingos – take a picture of the group, sign a card and send it to Bev.
A bunch of us bought a variety of pink flamingos to take to Beverly on her birthday. I bought two..., one for Beverly and one for me. I'll definitely be bringing mine to Cats-Cade and Smokey Mountain Ride In, as well as all of our lunch runs here in Florida, and any rides I go on when I get back up north.

I was actually thinking the other day, that it would be nice if we made the pink flamingo our unofficial symbol of support for Beverly. You guys beat me to the punch... ;)

Now, if I can just convince the guys at the Boot Hill Saloon that it represents something good...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hope I can find one around here. Good thing spring's coming, they should be coming back to the stores after the long winter...:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts