GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is for Canadian 2018+ Wing owners.

If we want to get Honda Canada to move an inch or two regarding the user unfriendly Nav, we need to let them know. Here is a link to their ‘contact us’ page, all you will need is your VIN and an email address. Let’s flood them with emails.

https://www.honda.ca/contact_us/honda_owner

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Rixx, what in particular do you find troublesome about the Nav?

Tony

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rixx, what in particular do you find troublesome about the Nav?

Tony
How long have you got? For one thing and there are a whole lot more than one thing, the background colours, in fact the whole display is horrible to see. You can barely see the major highways and forget about any secondary roads, they’re next to impossible to see?

·
Registered
63 Posts
This post is for Canadian 2018+ Wing owners.

If we want to get Honda Canada to move an inch or two regarding the user unfriendly Nav, we need to let them know. Here is a link to their ‘contact us’ page, all you will need is your VIN and an email address. Let’s flood them with emails.

https://www.honda.ca/contact_us/honda_owner
Thanks for the link.

I registered my issues with Honda Canada and my dealer has also open a case with the freezing issues that I've encountered.

GPS screen freezes, with a black box where the next turn would show. Once the screen froze, the left handle bar controls for the infotainment system also froze. I would need to stop and turn off the bike & back on and it worked fine.

Happen 1/2 a dozen time on my 5 day weekend ride to Little Switzerland NC.

Jay

Attachments

Reactions: RRIXX

·
Registered
276 Posts
Waterloojay, I have the same issue with the nav screen freezing and no response from the thumb controls. Also several no starts and flashing smart key icon. My bike is at Stratford Cycle, what dealer are you working with?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m working with KW Honda.

·
Registered
13 Posts
GPS blanking out. I too have the problem of GPS screen freezes, with a black box where the next turn would show. Once the screen froze, the left handle bar controls for the infotainment system also froze. You have to stop and turn off the bike & back on again. A real pain.

·
Registered
63 Posts
GPS blanking out. I too have the problem of GPS screen freezes, with a black box where the next turn would show. Once the screen froze, the left handle bar controls for the infotainment system also froze. You have to stop and turn off the bike & back on again. A real pain.
Please advise your dealer about this issue, and have them open a warranty case #. It will happen again and again.

I speak from experience. The more of these cases get reported, the less likely Honda Japan will ignore the issue.

Jay

·
Registered
712 Posts
Surely there must be something wrong with the 2018/2019 NAV system, how can I read about these problems time after time and there not be a problem? Can all these folks experiencing the problems be wrong? How does Honda explain this away, or do they even try?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts