GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is considering buying a wing with the nav on it. Can the nav be used while riding or does one have to be stopped. I have a 2610 and I like being able to search while riding. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
The only thing you can do when moving is zoom in and out. You have to be stopped to do anything else.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Almost true William.

You can turn her voice on and off and if a route is entered, you can hold down the left handlebar zoom button to display the entire route list. I believe you have to stop to scroll down that list. Seems worthless.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Don Swanburg said:
Almost true William.

You can turn her voice on and off and if a route is entered, you can hold down the left handlebar zoom button to display the entire route list. I believe you have to stop to scroll down that list. Seems worthless.
Well, I considered that more of an audio thing I guess. But you are right. You can also toggle the screen through a couple variations of the NAV display, to the normal display and back to the NAV display. I didn't know about the route list. Far from worthless though. It works well.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Almost true William.

I need help on this - when you say hold the left handlebar zoom button down - do you mean PUSH IT IN or do you mean PUSH IT DOWN??

If I push it in, I do not get to scroll down the list. If I push it DOWN, well it doesn't seem to want to push down, I don't think the button works like that.

2012 with Nav

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
A friend of mine is considering buying a wing with the nav on it. Can the nav be used while riding or does one have to be stopped. I have a 2610 and I like being able to search while riding. Thanks for the help.
If your friend gets the navi model, he also gets ABS brakes throw in for free! They are worth more than the navi when using the navi as you ride.

·
Registered
766 Posts
If your friend gets the navi model, he also gets ABS brakes throw in for free! They are worth more than the navi when using the navi as you ride.
:agree: If I could have bought the bike with ABS without the nav I would have.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
:agree: If I could have bought the bike with ABS without the nav I would have.
:agree: also, if Nav was an add-on option on it's own, Honda would have a hard time giving it away. At least the generation 1 Nav.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts