GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
My understanding of the changes only affect TriCare, not TricCare for Life.(TriCare for life is for retirees 65 or over who also have Medicare Part B).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Retired Military

Thanks for all the info. You need to be a lawyer sometime to understand all the rules and regulatations. Retirement is good with the right insurance plan. Thanks again.
"Big-Dog"

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My understanding of the changes only affect TriCare, not TriCare for Life.(TriCare for life is for retirees 65 or over who also have Medicare Part B).
You are correct. At 60, you get Basic TriCare and plus is available for an additional yearly charge; however, you must go to one of the designated bases to get your care.

At 65, you must have Medicare A & B and you now get TriCare For Life.

Since I'm covered by a secondary insurance company, I elected Basic TriCare.

·
Registered
477 Posts
John i retired in 88 and have tricare standard and i am, do i need to do any thing with medicare yet?

·
Registered
703 Posts
XRAYTED said:
John i retired in 88 and have tricare standard and i am, do i need to do any thing with medicare yet?
XRATED, John needs to know your age.

Here is what I've done with Tricare. My employer raised the medical cost to me to over $100 a month. So I elected to enroll in Tricare Prime. This is a full coverage medical plan minus dental. The cost for me and my spouse; $460 a year.

We do have to go to an approved provider and we have found them to be great.

When I turn 65, I will drop Tricare Prime and go with Tricare For Life + Medicare. Medicare will be my primary and Tricare For Life will be secondary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts