GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For "Red" bike - What trunk & saddle bag molding lights?

I have a 2004 Flare Red GL1800. And I am looking at adding the trunk & saddle bag molding lights. Aside from style, I want to be more visible on the road. But I would like to see the style on a 'red' bike.

The chrome choices are: Kury with red or clean lens, or Big Bike red or clear lens. Then there is the Martini-style with red or clear bulbs. For an example of the 3 styles, using a board sponsor ...

http://www.directlineparts.com/search.asp
search on " lighted molding "

A picture is worth a 1000 words ;) For those of you with some shade of red color bike, with anyone of the 3 types of lights, can you please post a picture of your trunk, saddle bags, or back half of the bike? :thumbup:

Or, if you had to do it over again, what do you have now and what would you change it to?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
This may not be helpful but have you considered Winglites? They have some examples of their product on Red Wings. http://winglites.com/

My appologies if you have and prefer the chrome choices you already mentioned. I can't be of any assistance there. Good luck with your lighting project.

I have a 2004 Flare Red GL1800. And I am looking at adding the trunk & saddle bag molding lights. Aside from style, I want to be more visible on the road. But I would like to see the style on a 'red' bike.

The chrome choices are: Kury with red or clean lens, or Big Bike red or clear lens. Then there is the Martini-style with red or clear bulbs. For an example of the 3 styles, using a board sponsor ...

http://www.directlineparts.com/search.asp
search on " lighted molding "

A picture is worth a 1000 words ;) For those of you with some shade of red color bike, with anyone of the 3 types of lights, can you please post a picture of your trunk, saddle bags, or back half of the bike? :thumbup:

Or, if you had to do it over again, what do you have now and what would you change it to?

·
Registered
993 Posts
No pics

And I don't know why--just never bothered.

I've also the 04 Flare Red (Fastest color!) and I added the Kury's with chrome frames and red lenses to trunk and bags. I also added the Kury mudflap with LED run/brake lights and the rear reflector LED replacement light. The trunk/bag are, of course, all running with brake to the rear.
I think they do a decent job of illuminating and the additional plasti-chrome does a good job of breaking up the solid red (did I mention Flare Red is the fastest color?) of the bike. I thought the Martini's were "too much" of a good thing and didn't look that good on the bike. YMMV.
Visibility is very important to me too. I also added the Kury LED's to the mirror edges and replaced the front leg reflectors with LED run/turn light. I was going to add a brake modulator but after seeing my rear end (well, not MY rear end...) it really lights up with the before-mentioned additions.
Lights be nice but I still pay high attention to cages approaching on the six!

Maybe I can get motivated and get some pics to get posted on here for ya. Hotter than the Hubs of Hell here. Any excuse to not be out in the heat will do...:thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
When my bike was Red.I went with the Kuryakyn lights because of the looks on a Red bike.
I know a guy who had trouble with the show chrome units,so I stayed away from that brand.

Here they are.

·
Registered
181 Posts
There is a Red wing that I see sometimes at our Dealer rides. He has the Show Chrome trunk and saddle bag lights and he had the chrome frames painted to match the bike. Pretty cool looking, I think.

Show Chrome was on ours when we bought it but I didn't think they were as bright as I wanted them so replaced with the Kury lights. Much brighter, imo.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've also the 04 Flare Red (Fastest color!) and I added the Kury's with chrome frames and red lenses to trunk and bags.
I think they do a decent job of illuminating and the additional plasti-chrome does a good job of breaking up the solid red.
I like the chrome option for that reason - break up all the red, and adds a good contrast during the day as I can see looking at Rocky's pic.

So, if you do decide to take pics and post them, that would be appreciated. You never know as others may give you more complements about your "tush" that you expect :lol:

Show Chrome was on ours when we bought it but I didn't think they were as bright as I wanted them so replaced with the Kury lights. Much brighter, imo.
That's good to know - thanks.

·
Registered
19,310 Posts
oem molding
reflective jacket:thumbup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Kuryakyn Saddlebag Lights

Stan,

The saddlebag lights I have for sale are like the one's on Rocky's red bike in post #5.

Mike

B

·
0 Posts
I had an 04 with the Kuryakyn Chrome trim LED's. Worked well. When I had my 09 I went with the Wing Lights. I liked them much better and the looks are awesome. Vendor is great as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts