Registered
496 Posts
any idea where these are located?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
any idea where these are located?
L.A. California.

Somewhere out there I went down a double deck bridge too.

You should see them, they drive like maniacs, yell at each other, make all kinds of gestures, and the road is full of pieces of recap tires, wire, stuff fallen off cars.

But the country is great. The ride is great. Get away from the masses and it is a different world.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
You should see them, they drive like maniacs, yell at each other, make all kinds of gestures, and the road is full of pieces of recap tires, wire, stuff fallen off cars.
Sounds like Chicagoland.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Chicago's circle interchange - not nearly as fun as LA - but you should see people screw it up none the less :D

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
There's not enough money minted to get me to ride through that maze ... all the intersections around here look like this ... + ... :lol:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The one on the Left is in LA CA the 1-105 1-110 interchange.
Yep. The carpool flyover is amazing. If someone has never been out there I'll take that road to give them the 'view'. It seems like close to 20 stories above ground level. The section just near there is probably the 'double-deck' section where the carpool lane is raised in the middle of the 110.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yep. The carpool flyover is amazing. If someone has never been out there I'll take that road to give them the 'view'. It seems like close to 20 stories above ground level. The section just near there is probably the 'double-deck' section where the carpool lane is raised in the middle of the 110.
On a bike the carpool flyovers are sometimes quite amazing at night.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Ever think that may be the only twisties they get to ride?:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
478 Posts

The High 5 in Dallas. I lived there before that existed and was just 635 crossing over 75.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The one on the Left is in LA CA the 1-105 1-110 interchange.
I was thinking it was the 105/405, but you're probably right. The 405 is never that open! (with the exception of the stretch they closed a couple of weekends ago)

·
Registered
3,603 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Miracles of engineering. Kinda beautiful, imo.:superman1:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Reminds me when I was a kid and used to watch Goofy in a Disney cartoon learn how to drive. There were these amazing freeways with lots of cars and many many ramps going in all directions. Kind of thought at the time that it was a stretch, but alas, here we are...

:roll:

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
No wonder they are broke, state and feds. I wonder; "if you don't build it, then maybe they won't come." Worth a try.

prs

1 - 20 of 26 Posts