GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently thinking of buying an Ultimate seat for my 15 wing and have 2 questions:
1. They all come with back rest hardware installed in the seats but you have to order the pillow. I currently own a Utopia back rest. Will this fit on their hardware?
2. I think I will order the king to give me a bit more leg room. How much room is taken from my rider on the back? The back rest all ready steals real estate from my wife and I do not want to crowd her too much more.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ultimate has a free return trial period which allows you to evaluate the seat. I do think you will have to pay shipping on the return if you decided to do that.

I believe the ultimate backrest is the only one compatible with the ultimate seat without modification.

Room is indeed reduced.... double whammy going with both the tall rider seat and backrest. I can’t tell you how much though.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
On my 2013 with the Ultimate seat and back rest also has the Ultimate passenger seat back there is 12 inches between the driver's back rest and the passenger's back rest.
The seat was on the bike when I bought it so am I not sure exactly which model it is.
Hope that helps, also if you are anywhere close to Ormond Beach , FL you can go to the Ultimate factory at Destination Daytona, they will fit a seat for you and let you test ride it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just sold ours that we bought a couple years ago. I’m the back seat rider. It was a huge difference in comfort for me. Sat me up straighter. And was able to see over my husbands head a bit more. You lose a good inch due to the thicker back rest. But it was not a big deal. Depends on passenger size. And if they are comfortable with it in front of them. And it heated up faster and hotter than the original Goldwing seat.

My husband loved it. He did not have to constantly shift himself back in to the seat at every stop. It sat him back a couple inches more. And was a bit lower to the ground. All in all, we were sad we did not buy it years ago. As we can no longer ride now.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I am currently thinking of buying an Ultimate seat for my 15 wing and have 2 questions:

1. They all come with back rest hardware installed in the seats but you have to order the pillow. I currently own a Utopia back rest. Will this fit on their hardware?

2. I think I will order the king to give me a bit more leg room. How much room is taken from my rider on the back? The back rest all ready steals real estate from my wife and I do not want to crowd her too much more.
1. Only the Ultimate rider back rest will work with the Ultimate seat.
2. The passenger back rest is more efficiently designed to give the passenger more room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have a Ultimate mid rider seat with their backrest and I have switched the hardware from it to my Utopia with little problem, it is like the hardware for the Ultimate was made by Utopia, for Ultimate.

And as far as fit, it is the same to me. I maybe had to turn the bracket around or something easy to do, with no adverse affects to passenger or driver. :thumbup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
How do you like the Mid Rider? I've always used Russell but I don't want to lose the ground reach.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Okay, I pulled the trigger and ordered the king with heat and back rest. I have read way to many awesome reviews and very few bad things to be said. I know that they ship out in 1 - 2 business days but how long does it usually take to arrive. I have a ride planned with the wife for this weekend. She is just now really starting to love going out with me and want her to enjoy her longest ride to date. Only about 180 miles and about 5 hours. Plenty of highways to jump on for a quick ride home if it gets too much for her all at once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts