GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long have you had the bra on your 1800 and how do you like it?

I've been thinking about getting one for my White '06.

I think the GL1800 that I've seen with the Black bra's on them look good, I just don't know if they are a lot of trouble keeping them clean and have to be taken off frequenty.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Mine has been on most of the time I've owned the bike. I take it off to clean it and the bike. Easy to put on and take off too. Watch the straps though- they seem to be the weak link.

AG GL

I've been talking to someone about possibly making a color matched nose mask for mine...

C

·
0 Posts
I leave mine on all the time. with a frequent wipe under the edges to get the grit out of the velcro padding at the lip/edges.

I do give it a good soaking with Luxor leather treatment to keep it pliable, and shiny.

Had no problems so far.

P

·
0 Posts
Mine's about two years on the bike. I love mine, very easy to clean and like the contrasting look. It is a bit of a hassel to put on the first time, but once she stretched to fit it's easy.

Pat

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have mine on since I bought the bike 18 months ago. I love it. I clean under it every month during riding season. It has held up very well. Still looks new.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've got one too. and love it . The only problem I've found ... is if I take it off for too long ......my front end of the bike sags.. :22yikes:

·
Registered
600 Posts
AG GL said:
Mine has been on most of the time I've owned the bike. I take it off to clean it and the bike. Easy to put on and take off too. Watch the straps though- they seem to be the weak link.

AG GL

I've been talking to someone about possibly making a color matched nose mask for mine...
Ditto

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Milbear said:
I've got one too. and love it . The only problem I've found ... is if I take it off for too long ......my front end sags.. :22yikes:
Soooo, if you put it back on with the straps too tight....
Does the horn get squeaky? :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mine works great. No problems. I've had it on for 5 months.

·
Registered
83 Posts
bra

i have a white 04 and man the bra really looks good with the white, but u need to really clean under it after some long rode trips, i love mine

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
My 04 had one when purchased, it's never been used. I don't need it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bra??

My 1800 is a male so he dont need one besides it would cover my pinstripping LOL

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've had mind since my 02. I love it, but it's starting to
look its age!! :cry: :cry:
The goldwing logo is losing its color.
So I guess I should get a new one for my 07.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Milbear said:
I've got one too. and love it . The only problem I've found ... is if I take it off for too long ......my front end sags.. :22yikes:
Are we still talking about one for the bike ooorrrrrr :wink: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Does any one have the Baker Wings, and also use the Bra? If so how much trouble is it to put on.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I got one for my Black '03. I like it alot. I think it looks cool on the Black bike, worth the money. Haven't taken it off yet, been on about 6 months. 8)

W

·
0 Posts
I also had one on since new on my candy red '03.
Were it REALLY works slick in when the bugs are out. Keep a good coat of vinyl wax on it and the bugs wipe off like butter.
I hate cleaning bugs.
If riding in a lot of rain, it should be taken off to dry because of the cotton-like backing.
Also when I detail my 1800 for winter storage, I'll remove it and wax the painted area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts