GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it was explained to me that I would have to pore the dyna beads slowly, I didn't think it was slower than watching grass grow. It took me right at an hour to put in 1 oz of those tiny little beads. :wrong:

Next time when I get around to doing the other tire, I am taking it off and going to a tire store, then putting them in. No more slow poring for me. :eek:4:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Must be the thick Flordia air....only took a couple minutes to install mine through the valve stem, using the installation bottle/tube combo. The vibration from a little engraver tool helps maintain the flow from what I understand.

·
Registered
55 Posts
dynabeads

When I changed my last tire I put the beads in while it was still on the tire machine. I had 1 foot of small clear tubeing that slipped over the valve stem and a small funnel. It took less than 1 minute to dump all the beads in.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Try tapping the valve stem with a screwdriver. That what I do. Probably less than a minute.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Must be the thick Flordia air....only took a couple minutes to install mine through the valve stem, using the installation bottle/tube combo. The vibration from a little engraver tool helps maintain the flow from what I understand.
on the east coast of florida same thing ,engraver tool was a great help....daytona is known for its thin air

·
Registered
384 Posts
I pour them in before I seat the beads. No fuss No mess.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
I don't buy that they work

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I don't buy that they work
You gotta try something for yourself to see if it really works for you. GPS isn't great all the Time. It tells me That I need to go somewhere I don't need to go to get where I'm going but I see, You have one. Relax and try something, Then say , I tried it, It didn't work. or it did, what ever. Then you are an informed Poster. Just saying, It won't work because you just can't see how it possibly could is Hmmm
I'll stop there.
Do you remember when the world was flat?

I was SKEPTICAL @ first but they must work because I have no vibration at all. Maybe I got a perfect tire!:popcorn:
I know what you mean. I have them in my rear Tire, But admit I was too lazy to try a before and after Test.
I like laen don't see how they could work. But I'm not a rocket scientist either.
But I tried it. So far so good. I just hope I don't have to plug the tire and all them little beads stick to the sticky rope. :shock:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
It takes me almost 15 seconds to put a stick on weight on my wheels. That is, if you count the time it takes me to first wipe it off with alcohol.
Providing someone else puts the wheel on the balacer and spins it. ;) :joke:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just got new tires on Saturday at dealer, put the beads in when I got home. They went in very easy, I thought I was pouring too fast but they flowed right in. I've got about 200 miles with dyna beads in and I'm sold!

S

·
0 Posts
It takes me almost 15 seconds to put a stick on weight on my wheels. That is, if you count the time it takes me to first wipe it off with alcohol.
That long !:shock:

Takes about one second to dump the beads in when changing out the tires , and no messy old tape to clean off , or lead poisoning or fuglyness on the pretty chrome rims . :thumbup:

·
Vendor
21,888 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how Dyna beads keep the wheel balanced while you are braking or accelerating.

Seems to me like they will only work when you are in steady state cruise mode. Also seems like even a bump on the road could deflect the tire and wheel enough to disburse them.

And how fast do you have to get going before they start to work? Wouldn't they create an even worse out of balance condition at slow speed, or when braking and accelerating?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Haven't noticed any issues with beads, going fast, slow, stopping, or bumping...have installed in 800+ tires and have 40 K personal riding experience with the beads...work okay for me...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Add to that the 10 or so minutes to mount the wheel on the balancer and figure out where to put that stick on weight and then cut the weight to the correct length.

I figure using dyna beeds saves me about 20 - 30 minutes per set of tires and no ugly weights on the wheels. Plus they stay balanced through the life if the tire unlike stick on weights where the tire is out of balance after a few thousand miles.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts