1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Yep! Been There Done That! Thanks!

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I think the 60's were much simpler times.... crime was much less prevelent.. I would trade now for then.. in a heatbeat...

cosmic

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
I think the 60's were much simpler times.... crime was much less prevelent..
I believe there was more actual crime, just less was advertised!! Remember when you only had 1 hour of "news" per day??? Criminals were smarter and LEOs had less tools for enforcement... Of course we also had fewer laws on the books... Yea, simpler times...

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Jchefboyardee said:
Yep! Been There Done That! Thanks!
If you actually remember the 60's, you probably weren't there.... Hehehehehehe

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I remember the 60's, I was just a little bit too young to really enjoy them!

(Besides My Mother, My Father and all the Mothers and Fathers in my neighborhood made sure I walked the Straight and Narrow as well as every other kid I grew up with!)

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
BrianH! Maybe, I did'nt Inhale? LOL!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Ah, the 60's, when motorcyles were dangerous and sex was safe. :lol:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yea, there was crime and riots in the '60s.

I remember one in high school - some how it was suppose to stay off school grounds but I left the cafeteria looking UP at the door knob :shock: Ducking was a necessity to get away from the flying chairs and tables.

But there were good times too. We didn't have to have parents organizing our baseball, basketball, soccer, or football games. Just a bunch of kids getting together, picking sides, and playing until sunset.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Dan18960 said:
Yea, there was crime and riots in the '60s.

I remember one in high school - some how it was suppose to stay off school grounds but I left the cafeteria looking UP at the door knob :shock: Ducking was a necessity to get away from the flying chairs and tables.

But there were good times too. We didn't have to have parents organizing our baseball, basketball, soccer, or football games. Just a bunch of kids getting together, picking sides, and playing until sunset.
Psssst, I was the one right ahead of you sneaking out or playing right along side you in a pick up game of football or baseball out at the sand lots till we got that famous yell or whistle from someones dad that it was time for dinner.

I watch Andy Griffith show almost nightly now, and boy do I wish I was living in a town like that NOW!!! :shock:

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Sounds familiar. However, remember the news as posted above was 'Edited' and approved for the most part by censors, and even the news from Vietnam was days, if not weeks or months old and heavily edited by the Military and Government. News from across town or the state or the country, not to mention the world was unheard of, unless approved by higher authorities.

I remember being told I can't drink from this or that fountain, and were not allowed in certain places, or had to only sit in the balcony or in the back.

Maybe My experiences are slightly different for obvious reasons. :idea:

Nice website tho.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts