·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
White Boy, you are a true Southern Gentleman. :1st:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Country Western

It's a good thing my wife doesn't like CW, cuz if she did and insisted on listening to it while we were riding, she'd be sitting at home, and I would be a solo rider and happy to be one...Ha! I've got enough problems of my own without listening to someone else sing about theirs.
Dennis

·
SOB First Shirt
918 Posts
Re: Country Western

Molinoman said:
It's a good thing my wife doesn't like CW, cuz if she did and insisted on listening to it while we were riding, she'd be sitting at home, and I would be a solo rider and happy to be one...Ha! I've got enough problems of my own without listening to someone else sing about theirs.
Dennis
AMEN

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
wing-renter said:
I'm lucky because it is usually my wife that says, "let's go for a ride".
Same here...its my wife cheryl always saying it...except when its raining... :lol:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
If you are willing to do what it takes to make your wife happy on the bike, more power to you.

Back in 1984, it was mutually decided that I should learn to ride my own. My husband is one of those folks that really does not like having a passenger on back. And I like to choose when the aggressive riding will take place.

So since 84 I have had 5 bikes, with the current ride being an 04 wing. Now 140,000 miles later, I'm a very happy camper. Ironically, since my husband was the one to coach me, the very style of aggressive riding that was unnerving as a novice passenger, is now the way I ride too.
We are both happier on our own bikes.

Do whatever works for the two of you to enjoy a really great activity.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Perhaps this is too racey to say on these boards, but it dawned on me that if you changed the whole concept around from motorcycles to sex, the conversation would still be pretty much the same.

I find odd ways to be entertained.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Country Western

Molinoman said:
Dennis
X3 :lol:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I am a pretty lucky guy in that my wonderful wife has enjoyed riding from day one and our music tastes are a bit closer (she likes 80s, I am an 70s classic rock fan) so I just put over 5 gigabytes of both our music choices on the IWay 500 and set it to shuffle. Lat night about 9 PM we got a call from our friends who also have a Wing and they wanted to go riding, I was the wuss of the bunch that didn't really want to go with the temp heading into the 50's but 15 minutes later we were on the road and didn't get home till after midnight. I am so glad I put on Lewis's (EC) heated grips this past spring!!!! But we had fun and enjoyed the company.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yep...

Slow and steady wins the race...

Getting my wife to ride behind me was a remarkably similar process. Short rides first, slowly building to longer ones.

Now 500 mile days and multi-day trips are not uncommon and she's the one who figures out what to add to the bike (the new tailwind is coming soon and she told me I needed a Traxxion upgrade for Christmas). She also takes notes from friends, neighbors, other riders, TV shows, and passes them along to me so we can plan our "next big ride" to take in some of those sites.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My wife wants to ride, but can't. She is on blood thinners for a blood clot in her right lung and the Dr says no riding.

It bums me out, as I'd love for us to be able to take off and go somewhere. Hopefully things will improve enough for her to be off the restriction, but it might be a year before that happens. So enjoy your time with the SOs, cause there are those of us who wish we could.

Dep

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I am in the same boat as Dep. My wife just had back surgery and the Doc said lay off for at least 3 months so that pretty much killed the rest of this year, at least as far as taking a long trip goes. I hear about guys that ride without their wifes and I don't understand how they can enjoy it. I have tryed riding without mine and I guess it is because she enjoys it as much as I do but I just don't enjoy riding without her. If they said she couldn't ride again I guess we would just sell the bike and take up another hobby we enjoy.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Don't fret if she doesn't like it.
While I do enjoy the 1-2 times/yr my wife joins me for a day on the wing, she isn't really a big fan of riding. I am glad that she lets me ride as much as I want to though. Also the bike handles wayyyy better when riding alone and I really do prefer that. I do want her to join me sometime for one of my semi annual trips to the Blue Ridege parkway. Also I worry less when riding alone since riding is VERY dangerous and we could be killed at any instant. This way I'm only risking myself.

Steve

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Perhaps this is too racey to say on these boards, but it dawned on me that if you changed the whole concept around from motorcycles to sex, the conversation would still be pretty much the same.
That most likely is true.

Which is why, like having a few motorcycles, it is better to just have several girlfriends.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts