GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think about it... Lumbar support, a nice headrest, adjustable forward and back, they recline.... I think the bike would be hard of handle in the twisties, but I figure if you have the car tires installed, then it shouldnt be a problem.

I bet if I pull this modification off I would make at least a $1.50

Off to the garage. I hope my wife doesnt want to drive the Durango today... :) :)

John

(small print... YES this is a joke)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Actually, I was thinking a nice leather Bostrom, similar to what they put in semis, would be THE way to go. Air ride, totally adjustable and supremely comfortable. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

:drive1:

·
Registered
511 Posts
John/Bike Solutions LLC said:
Think about it... Lumbar support, a nice headrest, adjustable forward and back, they recline.... I think the bike would be hard of handle in the twisties, but I figure if you have the car tires installed, then it shouldnt be a problem.

Off to the garage. I hope my wife doesnt want to drive the Durango today... :) :)

John

Now this seat will have electronic controls won't it 8)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If the seat is adjustable, and electric... I want at least two memory positions... So that when my buddy rides it to see if he likes the CT, and messes with all the settings, I can push one button and have everything move back to the proper position.

(Why isn't the seat somewhat adjustable??? My GL1200 was!)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
John/Bike Solutions LLC said:

John

my harley Seat already has - lumbar support backrest (heated) and my wife TIT's are my head rest :!: another way too late idea.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Why not? I'm sure there would be a demand for this option among some
2 wheeled "hobbiests".
We now have available
heated grips/seats
GPS nav. systems for riders that rarely leave an interstate hiway
Electric widsheilds & wind wings that allow some to ride damn near in a vacuum
Airbags
Stereos/cd players with sound systems rivaling home systems
Full fairings that keep the rider nearly free of the elements
Trailers so folks can pack even more stuff on already overloaded motorcycles.
Electrically operated car seats? Maybe,but a heated,Barcolounger with a massage function & built in drink holder would probably be more in demand.
the hobo

·
Registered
181 Posts
Instead fo the seat upgrade maybe Kennedy can rig up an interface to our brains and we can just think to make the wing respond. Also we'd have our cell phones, CBs, MP3s, Radio, GPSs, heated clothing, and videos cams all wired in and controlled by thought.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I have a utility knife, so can I jump in and help. No charge of course. I will take the credit when something goes wrong, so you dont get sent straight to the doghouse. Let us know of your progress.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
laen said:
I think the wing already has a seat close to a car seat
I have never been that uncomfortable in any car. Not even a Honda :lol:

What about some of the aftermarket lawnmower seats? They look comfy.

I'd like a breathable frabric like that on lawn chairs too. Something just
stretched on bars on the side like a hammock.

Herb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts