GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tour DCT
166 Posts
One thing they have done is get rid of the Honda Trip Planner. Coincidence?

One thing I mentioned in a previous post quite a while ago is we need to careful in these posts not to make this an adversarial relationship with Honda. Go ahead and criticize but keep it polite.

·
Registered
422 Posts
One thing they have done is get rid of the Honda Trip Planner. Coincidence?

One thing I mentioned in a previous post quite a while ago is we need to careful in these posts not to make this an adversarial relationship with Honda. Go ahead and criticize but keep it polite.

Nah, "Trip planner" has been replaced by https://www.rever.co/partner/honda

Reactions: INTHEWIND

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They've already had 13 years of complaints concerning their Nav units and they haven't listened yet. Why would they now?

Maybe they haven't heard a loud enough roar from the Goldwing owners.:smile2:
Fill their email inbox with hundreds or thousands of emails, that will get their attention.

·
Registered
2018 Tour DCT
166 Posts
In my opinion we MAY see one more update to the Nav system. I have nothing to base this on but why would Honda take the time to try and improve it when nothing will be good enough. They made an effort with the 18 Goldwing and it was still lacking. They then updated it two more times and it seems their effort still is not appreciated. I think in a future year they will simply not offer/include a built in NAV at all. They will simply say CARPLAY is already available and existing NAV systems from Google Maps, Waze or Apple make working to make the Honda system better is a waste of their time. They will never be better than those systems and they will also not have to listen to the complaints.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my opinion we MAY see one more update to the Nav system. I have nothing to base this on but why would Honda take the time to try and improve it when nothing will be good enough. They made an effort with the 18 Goldwing and it was still lacking. They then updated it two more times and it seems their effort still is not appreciated. I think in a future year they will simply not offer/include a built in NAV at all. They will simply say CARPLAY is already available and existing NAV systems from Google Maps, Waze or Apple make working to make the Honda system better is a waste of their time. They will never be better than those systems and they will also not have to listen to the complaints.

That's what Honda should of done from the start.:smile2:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Would be a good idea except for those of us who are STILL waiting for Android Auto. :frown2:

Reactions: BeerFriendly

·
Registered
2018 Tour DCT
166 Posts
It’s too bad that Android Auto still is not an option for the Goldwing but if/when Honda decides to dump their NAV that complaint will have tho be directed to Google.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts