GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
And not just for FJR's, Kawasaki C14 as well. I'm sure they fit many others too. Sadly, nothing for the Goldwing.

$56 for a front tire and $74 for a rear tire is kind of incredible.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3774/mngr/avon-storm-2-3d-ultra-street-tires-up-to-61--off.aspx?SiteID=em_05_01_Promo1_Avon&WT.mc_ID=36671&WT.i_e_dcsvid=782223755

Enjoy!
Thank-You !
Thank-You !
Thank-You !
Thank-You !

I just ordered four fronts and four rear tires. (FJR, Hayabusa, Versys)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Two sets ordered for the FJR. This thing likes tires.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I owe you one, bro! Thanks a million... Well at least a couple hundred! :lol:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks,ordered one for the wife's bike.......so how many miles are you getting out of these tires???????

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how many miles are you getting out of these tires???????
Oh, I have no idea. I don't have a bike that takes these sizes. I got the email this morning and I know several people who have FJR's and C14's and just thought I would share.

I exclusively run an Avon front (C/T rear) on my bike, but the AV71 wasn't on sale. :cry:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I looked them up on Avon's website and they appear to be "performance" tires. I guessing that they are softer than their "Sport Touring" tires.
Could not find many reviews on these tires. Maybe they didn't sell well, hence the reason for these closeout prices.

Outstanding handling characteristics
Large footprint at extreme lean angles

High performance single and multi-compound Super Rich Silica (SRS) treads enhance wet grip

Ideal for high performance bikes

3D siping with interlocking three dimensional points to improve stability and grip, limit tread flex, and allow the tyre to warm up quickly

Still, at these prices.... I bought four sets.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Now if I could just find a good deal on Gold Wing Tires...... My extra set is now on the bike and counting the miles......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts