GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with Foremost Insurance C0mpany ? I was rate shopping and they have a killer rate, I was wondering about customer service ect.

·
Registered
522 Posts
1st class company in my book !!I totaled my '05 GW in February . They bought me new riding gear and paid $1000 toward the hospital. Gave a fair price for my GW and $3500 worth of accessories.
When I replaced my ride they could not match Progressives' quote and I even gave them second look. Maybe I will get hooked back up with them next year.
Mike

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I have been with Foremost through AARP for 4 years.
No problems for me and a great annual rate of $165 includes Bunkhouse Camper and Breeze cargo trailer.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I have been with them the last few years. I haven't had a claim, but I have never dealt with a more polite group of people. My neighbor was involved in a crash on his Bergman and when he called Nationwide, they told him to hire a good atty and be ready for a long fight. I called Foremost to make sure I had better coverage and wouldn't hear the "call an atty " line. They looked at every line of my policy, compared it to their averages, and made a few recommendations. I haven't compared prices lately, but I like the service!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I've had them through Harley Davidson Insurance since about '02. Only a few months after I insured with them I had my first and only on street accident with a bike, my fault, and my claim along was nearly $9k plus whatever the damage to the car I hit was.
I fully expected to be cancelled but I was not, nor did my rate go up. They were extremely cooperative with the claim and there was absolutely no hassle.
I would insure with them without reservation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I totaled my 2006 bike and the service was great. I got more than I expected and hope to be able to stay with them. I will stay with them even if I have to pay a little more after the experience I have had with them. I would give them a 10 for sure.

I have replaced bike and as I had the accessory's (I had my new Bushtec trailer covered but did not have it on when totaled) covered it has cost me nothing out of pocket. I thought the coverage was just for my Bustec but she said you have $6500 accessory coverage. What a wonderful surprise.

They even paid for all my safety gear. Helmet (3" crack in it), tour master jacket, tour master boots, gloves. I did not even have to ask for them to be covered. She ask me what safety gear I had.

All of this happen within the last 3 months.

They was very pleasant to deal with.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Foremost is owned by Farmers Insurance Group and can be bought from a Farmers agent.

DanL

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
We have them on a few bikes and have been satisfied. Nice folks to work with. I did have a break down on the wing and called for a wrecker. An hour-and-half later Foremost called back and said they couldn't find a wrecker service to come get the bike...not sure what all that was about.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have them too for about 3 years now, Good folks, Good rates.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I have been a policy holder with them when they first took over Universal Underwriters Ins. a few years ago. This past year, when my renewal policy showed up, I noticed a slight increase in the premium for the same coverage of my 4 motorcycles.

Before I renewed it, I gave Geico a call to see if they would match or give me a cheaper quote for the same coverage, only because at the time, I received a flyer from them in the mail. Their quote was $400.00 more than my renewal premium, so I stayed with Foremost.

Never did I put in a claim with them, so I can't answer about their claim's department.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
I wasn't happy with them. (must be somtin wrong with ME, huh)

Had Foremost Ins for my bike ONE year. When the new premium notice cone my rate jumped $100. No one could tell me why, just to PAY it. I went elsewhere for $100 LESS, a $200 savings, same coverage.

A few months later I got a boo-hoo letter saying they were sorry to lose me as a customer. In the letter it was stated that if I had renewed my rate 'would have been' X $'s LESS that the original premium. A matter of one department not knowing what another is doing.

On another note, Foremost is the major player in mobile home insurance. We have some mobile homes for rental property all of which were insured by Foremost. In trying to understand where we stood with our insurance I contacted them after seeing a list that was incomplete and was told that was all I had insured with them and know nothing of the rest! Needles to say, that was disturbing.
As it turned out, there are multiple departments doing THE SAME THING, selling insurance. And neither department know what the other is doing or even that they exist.

Do I wanna really be one of their customers again? Not really.
thecruiser

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Happy with them. Have not filed a claim however Foremost DOES offer good uninsured motorist coveraage. The other popular insurance companies limit uninsured motorist to about $30,000!!! I guess that will get you to the hospital these days, but with all the uninsured or illigal or drunk idoits driving without coverage....... $30k is just peanuts in my book!:eek:4:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys thanks for all of the information. No better source than hearing from someone who has had personal experience with a company. Cruiser somebody has to draw the short straw. I get lucky myself occasionally, I understand completely.

·
Registered
251 Posts
foremost

I agree with what your reading,they are a CLASS ACT for an insurance company...Got hit in Jan 2010 on an 02 orange w/166K miles...totaled...he called me every week till we settled about how they we finding a fair price for a bike with that many miles...I did get a fair price and 50% on the riding gear that was destroyed...I bought a 08 and called them and they set me up NO PROBLEMS.....progressive WHO???

·
Registered
275 Posts
just got off the phone setting up a policy with foremost. This thread was great in making the decision.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
How many of you have medical coverage on your Foremost policies? What are your limits and what are you paying a year?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I wasn't happy with them. (must be somtin wrong with ME, huh)

Had Foremost Ins for my bike ONE year. When the new premium notice cone my rate jumped $100. No one could tell me why, just to PAY it. I went elsewhere for $100 LESS, a $200 savings, same coverage.

A few months later I got a boo-hoo letter saying they were sorry to lose me as a customer. In the letter it was stated that if I had renewed my rate 'would have been' X $'s LESS that the original premium. A matter of one department not knowing what another is doing.

On another note, Foremost is the major player in mobile home insurance. We have some mobile homes for rental property all of which were insured by Foremost. In trying to understand where we stood with our insurance I contacted them after seeing a list that was incomplete and was told that was all I had insured with them and know nothing of the rest! Needles to say, that was disturbing.
As it turned out, there are multiple departments doing THE SAME THING, selling insurance. And neither department know what the other is doing or even that they exist.

Do I wanna really be one of their customers again? Not really.
thecruiser
I agree with you "cruiser" I had them for years, and the bike was getting older, but the rate was going up (without any claims) I dropped them for another company with a better rate..then came the emails about how they had lower the rates...."to late" for me

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had them. I wrecked and did $4500 damage to one of my bikes. I have all my bikes and truck with them. After the accident. my rates for all my vehicles went up a total of $500 for the year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts