GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the oil change, rear oil change and installed wind diverting devices for winter riding. I could not find the crush washers that Bulldog sent with the last case of oil. Reinstalled the old washer. Please forgive me. It will never happen again.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Please don't come back here and complain if all the oil leaks out of your engine and it freezes up and renders your Goldwing absolutely useless and worthless.
Just remember, "we told you so."

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Oh gosh... are you in for it.. your bike will develop a wobble.. the engine
will start missing at idle.. even your windsheild will cloud up .. the tires will start bouncing at 55MPH on the interstates.. and some of the die
hard GL1800 owners will shun you.... :roll:

cosmic

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
new jersey lefty said:
I did the oil change, rear oil change and installed wind diverting devices for winter riding. I could not find the crush washers that Bulldog sent with the last case of oil. Reinstalled the old washer. Please forgive me. It will never happen again.
Personal attacks, foul language, porographic web links, all can be forgivin. Not only did you NOT install a NEW crush washer, BUT thier the ones BULLDOG send you???? FOR SHAME......

This is going to be a tough one for LaMont and Hal... I HOPE thier in a good mood.....

BAAAAD New Jersey Lefty.... BAAAAD....

Matt(Ashland,MA) :a13: :shock: :a13: :shock: :a13: :shock:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
You should be okay, as long as you installed it in the right direction......you didn't flip it over, did you :?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Along with all the other problems you will encounter be sure and watch to see if your front end sags............. :wink: :wink: (suspension)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Lefty, I'm the woman on the Pearl Orange in Brattleboro Vt. Last summer.....I am also confessing......I turned my house and garage upside down last night looking for my crush washers from Bulldawg......Could I find them???? NOT ...... So I too used the old one..........please forgive me......PS I found them on the hanger under my filter wrench when I put the wrench back.....oh well.........joy

P

·
0 Posts
Oh my gawd. I am horrified.
Your penance will be 3 Dairy Queen frostys and ten laps around the city on your Wing.

Never mind, Ill go do them for ya. :lol:

Pat

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
new jersey lefty said:
You better use the remote start feature and stand well back when you do 'cause your engine is gonna blow soon. :22yikes:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Couldn't find a new crush washer doing my last oil change either. Ended up putting the Doublemint gum I was chewing under the head of the bolt and tightening it down.

God speed on your 6th ride after the change. Old washers only really good for 5 rides with new oil.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
:shock: Did you go to confessional or is this considered your open confession? :?:

I think now you will have a non-recall now on your old crush washer. Now you will not be permitted to remove it.

You will have to send in your Gold Wing back in to Honda in Marysville and they will replace it for you and that will take seven months. You ought to get it back by Catscade (but probably later) :lol:

That is not really covered under the warranty since you sinned and not replaced your crush washer like everyone told you. You will have to pay big bucks now for any new crush washers purchased from Bull dog or any dealer.

Sorry about your luck! 8)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
now that I think about it, you may want to contact your attorney. I think by not using a new crush washer you just voided your warranty :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You can make up for it by putting on two the next time. :D

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I'll bet this is the cause of Rutger's collapse. I will be sending your e-mail to all of their fans so they can respond properly. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I bet you poured 4Qts in also. Or was that 1 Gal :wink:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
doug44 said:
I bet you poured 4Qts in also. Or was that 1 Gal :wink:

ooooh nooo, a math problem :oops: :cry: lets see, take 4qrts divide by......nevermind :lol:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
If you put 4 crush washers at next oil change you can go 40,000 between changes. Bulldog dont want people to know that the true purpose of the crush washer is to extend the mileage between oil changes

cuts into his sales

1 - 19 of 19 Posts