GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will soon be installing a Kury fork brace. So now that the fork protector is going away has anyone found a set of rubber fork boots that fit a 1800?
It may not look real pretty but I will take function over form.
Thanks,
Carl Stark
Sheridan WY

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Carl Stark said:
Will soon be installing a Kury fork brace. So now that the fork protector is going away has anyone found a set of rubber fork boots that fit a 1800?
It may not look real pretty but I will take function over form.
Thanks,
Carl Stark
Sheridan WY

A friend of mine who had a GL1500 and an inventive wife, came up with a clever way to protect his upper forks. She took some heavy duty water resistant cordura nylon material and sewed some industrial strength Velcro to it so the boots could be installed and removed without having to disassemble the forks to get them on. She cut the material just a little bit shorter than the upper fork so they could move up and down with the front wheel. They could be easily removed for cleanining after riding in bad weather and road conditions. Simple, cheap, and easy.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Fred H. said:
When I have time, I hope to find a way to hack up the original fork protectors and install them to the Kuryakyn fork brace.
Its a pretty good challenge if you want any meat at all left on them bones! Let us know how you do with and how you go about it. I've pretty much decided to devise some type of slip on flexible cover like others have resorted to. Got to get 'er done before bug season..

prs

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
Pigeon Roost said:
[quote="Fred H.":2weu1b1f]When I have time, I hope to find a way to hack up the original fork protectors and install them to the Kuryakyn fork brace.
Its a pretty good challenge if you want any meat at all left on them bones! Let us know how you do with and how you go about it. I've pretty much decided to devise some type of slip on flexible cover like others have resorted to. Got to get 'er done before bug season..

prs[/quote:2weu1b1f]

My plan of attack is to first cut it in half, separating the two sides and then trimming off just the protector risers and mounting them individually somehow.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You can saw the fork protectors apart just beyond the bolt holes on each side, then do some serious measuring and cutting and they will bolt on at the front bolt hole on the kuryakyn brace. You may have to cut them down some across the top. Have to look real close to see they aren't stock.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Max McAllister said:
Fatfenders said:
Max McAllister":1vxs2x30][quote=Fatfenders]How about something like this?: [url="http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Equipment/fork_boots.htm said:
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Equipme ... _boots.htm[/url]
:crew:
Well...they'd look good on a blue wing wouldn't they? :eek:4:
NO!!!![/quote:1vxs2x30]

They make blue, black, red and green.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts