GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Wing triked in September 08:p. Never could tell the difference with the brace on the two wheel. Would like to know what most of you think about putting a Fork Brace on your Trike and what difference it makes, if any.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a fork brace on mine. However, I put it on there when it was a two wheeled goldwing. It made a lot of difference then. Now that it is triked, it's hard to say because I have not ridden it without the brace on the trike. Just left it on. It's a kuryakan brace.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I put one on my trike, made it ride harsh...removed it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
On a bike you carve when you turn, no real presure on the front fork. On a trike the fork takes a lot more strain making you turn. I would think it would be a plus to have one . I run one and I like it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your replies:thumbup: I guess i'll leave it off :p

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had one on my trike and I thought I would pull it off just to see what happened. I noticed the vibration was gone out of the handle bars. I plan on playing around with it when I put a new front tire on soon.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I don't know if the IRS vs. RA trike applies here or not. I can only speak from my experience as a Champion owner. When I triked my installer left it on. The front end rode very harsh, even when I went to an MPA. I looked at some posts on this board and decided to remove it. It is the best thing I did to improve the ride for me.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts