GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the difference between the 01 - 05 front forks and the 06 - 10 Front forks?

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I didn't think there was a difference in the forks themselves. I believe there was a change in fork seals beginning in 2006 when honda added a second seal. I believe that second seal is a two piece unit.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lower cases have different numbers. Looking at the number of seals in the HDL parts catalogue is probably why they are different.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The machining in the lower fork leg is more on the 06 and above and requires another spacer there. The other difference is in the anti-dive cylinder. The factory changed the O-rings to a different material and changed the bleed screw from 10mm to an 8mm screw(or vice versa).

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
As James said the only real difference is the slider, left side was machined deeper to hold a secondary wiper for the fork seal. Other than that there is no difference, right fork sliders 01-10 are interchangeable, left fork sliders for 01-10 are also interchangeable except you need an 06 or newer seal assembly.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
06 was when the airbag was released, so it may also be mounting bosses for the four accelerometers on the lower fork legs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts