GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Marginally. Raise the front end, and the front wheels will stick out further. But its only going to be a degree or two, not the 3-6 degrees the trikes like. Just a little change makes a big difference in two wheel bikes, but the trikes are not near as sensitive to little changes.

That said, I was going to go with a rake kit on the MotorTrike. But first, I added a TRAXXION AK20 kit. That solved the steering problem. Then I tacked on the extensions. Still does not steer like power steering on a Buick, but its just right for me. And I still have the nimble quick steering response that I would have to give up with a rake kit.

So, if you are looking for easier steering, go with the rake kit. If you are using a Voyager type kit, stay with the stock steering. Those are still motorcycles, just have crutches.
Amen, Amen, Amen!! Harry I'm with you 100% on this one. Rakes are I believe "ARE" for the vast majority and on the longer wheelbases may hold a bigger advantage. But on them MT's that quick steering is what I loved on the Dragon's Tail...........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts