GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the person that had some fork extenders made a while back. I would like to raise the front of my CSC about 1 in.

John

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I bought a set and while I haven't instsalled them yet, they do look real sweet.....thanks Harry

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
This is what is left. The ones on the left are original height, but have been drilled and tapped for fluid addition. The middle set will extend the forks about an inch, and the right side set will raise the forks about an 1 1/4 inches. Take your pick. $50, you pay the shipping. Thats half of cadtochromes price. (one inch ones are gone---to Washington)(Inch and a quarter ones are also gone---to Arizona)

I have a pair in my trike, and added 3/4 of an inch. Worked for me.

KY Blue - why don't you have yours in yet?

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Lazy!!!!
no really, somehow I've injured my hand, fell during the ice storm but it didn't hurt for two weeks, now my fingers on my left hand are numb, sleep is disrupted, sometime hurts like the devil....have been to two doctors, one chiropractor, have a appointment with a orthopedic surgeon Thursday...hope to figure this out....it a PIA......or hand :lol:

·
Registered
101 Posts
What do the fork extenders do for a trike?
Thanks,

Life is good when it is sunny and warm and the cares just go by as you ride down that highway of life.
================================================

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
What do the fork extenders do for a trike?
Thanks,

Life is good when it is sunny and warm and the cares just go by as you ride down that highway of life.
================================================
They raise the front end after the rake kit has been installed, some trikes over time will sag in the front....these help put it back to stock height....new springs are best replaced at this time also...I'm going with a set of Traxxion springs when I get to doing the install.....oh, keeps the bottom from dragging when putting inside a trailer.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
fork extenders

I have the Cadtochrome extenders On my wifes and my Champion Trikes, They are 5/8" longer than the ones that come with Champion easy steer. It raised the front that 5/8" which I like but the bigger benefit is it steers easier and it has less front end shake. I also installed them on a Trikeshop and a CSC and another Champion and they all say it is better. If you look at Trikeshop they all are low in the front and these really help them. I am sure it changes the rake ever so slightly.
It's like every thing else we put on our Trikes some like it some don't.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
When a rake kit is installed, the front end is further out from the bike (or put another way, the wheelbase is longer), and that makes the bike sit lower. The extenders are a way of getting the height back. Normally it takes about a 3/4 extension to get back to stock. And, like KY Blue said, the springs sag over time, and this in another way of raising the bike.

But there are a couple of things to watch for. If you try to raise the front too far, you will have to get some slack in the brake lines, or they will get a little tight. And if you have a TRAXXION AK-20 cartridge kit installed (which I do), you have to do a little measuring to get the rebound setting right. That does not apply to the stock antidive, or just changing the springs to Progressive or Traxxion. Those are only replacement springs - the suspension stays the same type. Cartridges change the left fork completely - it becomes a mirror image of the right fork.

I just put these in to get added road clearance and raise the trike up a bit. Before, I could not clear a 1 1/2 inch rock in the road, now I can clear a 4 inch rock.

It's like every thing else we put on our Trikes some like it some don't.

·
Registered
487 Posts
How involved is the installation of the fork extenders?

I have never done anything with the front forks, aside from adding REG risers and I don't think that counts. I had a friend who is an airline mechanic put Progressives in front and back, so I can get him to do it if it is more involved.

I am fairly mechanical, but I try to know my limits. Does Fred's DVDs cover forks?

Thanks for any information!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Fred's dvd's and the Honda manual and I did mine.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks, CadtoChrome, you have a PM!

Toolboxjunky, great, I will view Fred's DVD. It has been a while since I looked through it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Lee - If you are still wanting them, I need an address to ship them to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts