GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Here's the short of it. My brother has a Yamaha Bolt (nice little bike). We were installing a bunch of things on it tonight. One thing was these fork tube covers. We had to remove the forks to install them. In my lack of paying close enough attention (the joking around, the harley, the dunebuggy running etc going on in the barn), I didn't note the position of the forks in the top triple tree. Is it standard for all bikes (from the manufacturer) to have them installed at a certain point on/above/under the groove in the top of the tube? Unfortunately he doesn't have a service manual, so I can't check. I've googled it, but I keep coming up with the company that sold him the fork covers.

So, any advice from the folks that would know?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Looks like they fit flush......I would most likely go to a dealer and take a peek and just see.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish they were flush. Would make it easier. At least the way they set hit up when they built it, they were poking through the top a bit more. :/ Thanks for the reply. Working on this thing and adding/changing electrical stuff makes you appreciate all of the plug and play stuff for the Goldwings.
Thanks, I'll probably do the swing by thing when I'm out and about. He can't work on it again until at least Friday anyhow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts