GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that the main reason for the wobble in the Wing's bars is directly associated with the geometry of the steering stem. I have tried about everything to rid the wobbles from my bike,eg: All Balls, new E3s, changing air pressure front and rear, several different torque settings on the stem nut all to no avail. Yeah I know, keep your hands on the grips. Would lowering the front end, I think that someone has mentioned 10mm, affect this problem? Another solution, would the Ez Steer type front for the trikes fit and work? I have another solution but will not cover it here as that suggestion has previously caused dozens of pages in response.
Buck

·
Vendor
2,384 Posts
The fork height is not really the problem. The fork riding at or near the bottom is the problem. Get rid of the stock springs, and you wobble will go away.

Lowering the forks 10mm actually makes a bike more prone to wobble, since you are reducing trail. But with proper springs, you will have restored so much more trail than the bike had stock, that you can give a little bit up.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER consider putting EZ Steer on a 2-wheeler!!!!!!!!!

It is for TRIKES ONLY!

It takes TWO INCHES of trail out of the bike. That will KILL YOU on a two wheeler.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Max McAllister said:

It is for TRIKES ONLY!

It takes TWO INCHES of trail out of the bike. That will KILL YOU on a two wheeler.
DITTO !!! DITTO !!

·
Registered
19,443 Posts
Is the EZ Steer anything like a stabelizer? The reason I ask is on DIRTBIKES I would not ride without a Scotts Stabelizer. GBR makes a popular one too. For enduro, harescrambles, desert and crosscountry racing I would say 90% of the racers use one. I have also seen these simular stabelizers on sport bikes.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Max McAllister said:

It is for TRIKES ONLY!

Hmmmm, Maybe it would work better if you were running a car tire!!! :lol: :lol:

Merry Christmas Max!!
Please continue being the voice of reason among all these "pioneers"... :roll:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
laen said:
Is the EZ Steer anything like a stabelizer?
No, it's a triple tree with a differnt rake angle.. It decreases effort required to steer a trike..
I know the stabilizers you're refering too.. I should really have one on the Triumph...

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
If your E3's aren't any better than the set I had, that's your problem! :( Made the Metzeler wobble look tame... LOL!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wobbles

Vetteman, good looking bike. Not entirely related to your topic but I have been throught the wobbles myself. When the bike was new it came with OEM Stones. I picked up the wobble when I cahnged to Metz. 4 sets of Metz total, all replaced by Metz under warranty yielded a set with tolerable wobble. I recently chaned to Stones and the wobble is completely gone. No modifications to the bike. In my cause it was either Metz or the Stones hide the true problem.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wobbles

thanks for the comment==I am seriously considering the rear CT and a Stone up front==should be interesting. I hope to change out right after the first of the year.
Buck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts