GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little research going on here. I'd like to see a response from anyone that has had their right fork seal start leaking or blow. (That is the right one seated on the bike) Please indicate year of bike and mileage when it occurred. Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong on this one but...this sounds like the begining of a lawyer trying to make money off someone else's back!

NO THANKS!

·
Registered
787 Posts
At 28,000 miles my anti dive valve locked up. While waiting a week for the new plunger and still riding 25-50 miles per day, the left fork seal started to leak suspension fluid. When the anti dive part came in, the dealer replaced the right fork seal as well because it also started to leak.

At 37,000 miles, the second anti dive plunger locked up again. No seal leaks this time but the fork bushings were very bad and so was the front end suspension sag. :roll:

I'm now riding on a full Traxxion suspension modification and couldn't be more pleased. :D

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nedro said:
Maybe I'm wrong on this one but...this sounds like the begining of a lawyer trying to make money off someone else's back!

NO THANKS!
Sorry, nothing that dramatic, just wondering how many people have had the right seal fail. There's a lot of folks that believe the anti-dive valve has nothing to do with their left seal blowing. I believe it has very much to do with it. If the seals on the 1800 are going to fail, then why does it seem to mostly be the left one and the anti-dive just happens to be messing with the fluid flow and subsequent pressure changes in that tube? Some will say coincedence, I don't think so. :?

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
right fork seal started leeaking around 114,000 smiles, it was replaced under warranty

left forkseal started leaking around 135,000 smiles and was replaced under warranty

both were slow leakers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts