GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fork seal is leaking on the anti-dive fork.I am in Maine for the holiday weekend.Is it ok to ride the bike with this issue.I have to get home tomorrow to Connecticut.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Yes, you can ride. I would clean the excess oil and do it frequently at every stop. Try to keep the oil from getting on the brake pads, if the fork oil get on the pads you'll lose about 50% of that caliper's brake power and the pads have to be replaced when you fix the seal. If you have OEM springs once the oil get low enough you will get excessive nose dive when braking and less ability to absorbe bumps. Be careful and ride her home.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rode her home,actually put a rag aroung the leaking leg to prevent the oil from getting on my brakes,it was taped on and stayed there and no oil anywhere.Rode fine,could not even notice a problem.Now to get her fixed up and ready for some beautiful fall riding!!:excited:

·
Registered
582 Posts
:agree::agree:

I agree with Gary on the Seal Mate Tool. It is quick and easy to fix a leaking fork seal. I have done a few now and have not had one continue leaking after I tried the Seal Mate.
RogerB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts