GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just one last quick question, I went to dive in and change out my fork seals today, and decided to read the manual one last time. But this time, all the way to the end to the point of refilling the fork oil. It says I need a Fork Bleed tool, None of the tutorials I had read mentioned anything about this tool.

Is there anyway around that or do I need to bite the bullet and buy the tool? I only have 7 more days at home this time around and really need to get this seal replaced this week before I leave.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Never heard of a fork bleeder tool.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Did mine twice, used Fred's DVDs and couldn't even tell you what the tool you speak of looks like. I didn't read the manual to the end, but what I did use worked. Put a lot of miles on my bike since the first rebuild and still alive to talk about it. Hope this helps.

Ride safely

Crabby Bob

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
It's just a peace of metal you threated into the top of the cartridge/damper rod to make it easier to pump it in and out to burp it, just use your hand to do it.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Here's the one sold by Traxxion.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a link to one made by Race Tech, it threads onto the dampening rod from the top and you work it up and down, and it bleeds the air out of the system. http://www.amazon.com/Race-Tech-Cartridge-Bleeding-Tool/dp/B000GU357E
Thanks for the quick replies, it doesn't sound like I will need it though.

Ok never mind guys,, I just overreacted when I saw in the manual about the tool, there was a side note that I had not seen that said I could use some stiff wire tied up under the locknut to be able to grab onto and move the dampening rod if I did not have the above tool. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts