GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the fork seal normally covered under extended warranty? This is the upper seal. This is an '02 with 66K miles.

Thanks,

Ken H>

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
yes fork seals are covered by the extended warranty

i had one replaced this summer at about 130,000 smiles, all it cost me was i did buy the extended warranty a couple years ago

i had to wait a little over an hour, drink free coffee and BS a little while they fixed it

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wanderer said:
Probably not at 66k.
Since both the original and extended warranty is "unlimited milage" - what difference would having 66K miles on bike make???

Yea, I know Honda is very much "not consistent" in warranty repair with some dealers even replacing headlight bulbs under warranty and other times things like transmission and main bearings not being covered.

Thanks for the comments, and I do hope I come out as good as Cycledude did with my warranty request. I've also got the reverse button that doesn't hold in anylong and a signal light swith that has a very weak spring......

Ken H>

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
They are covered if still in warranty. Mileage is not a factor, age is. And if they are leaking, the warranty also covers replacement brake pads.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think the brake pads would be a normal wear item, UNLESS the OEM were needing replacement in 5K or 10K miles showing a problem with the pads. I changed the first set of OEM pads around 35K for the front, and around 45K miles for the rear pads. Didn't even think of asking Honda to warranty those items with that milage.

With the extended warranty, I "should" be covered with warranty until.... what, 4 yrs after the original 3 yr warranty expired this past April??

Ken

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Right. And the brake pads are normal wear items, unless damaged by failure of a warrantied item, in this case if the seals (warrantied) fail and soak the pads with brake fluid. No decent dealer in the world would take on the liability of putting oiled brake pads back on a bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts