GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the fork seals are covered under the extended warranty? Or are they considered a wear item.

Ken L.

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
They are covered.....at least mine were.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
When my left fork started puking oil @ 89,000 mi. it was covered under my extended warranty. That being said an awful lot of warranty work just depends on your dealer.

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
In my case, I had about 35k miles. It's usually the left fork that leaks because of the anti dive mechanism. The left fork is the easiest to install a seal in however. The forks are different from one side to the other.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I had the left fork seal on my 07 leaking at about 38K and it was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Ken: Do you have a Trike Friendly Dealer to go to ? That will be the very first thing I would look into. Some dealers just wont work on them I have found out.........:eek:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
For what its worth, I lost a left fork seal in my two wheeler. Took it to local Honda shop for look-see on extended warranty. They replaced the front fork seals, both sets of brake pads (oil soaked) and repaired anti dive valve. All at no charge, and had the bike overnight.

But things are different with different dealers......your luck may vary.....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ken: Do you have a Trike Friendly Dealer to go to ? That will be the very first thing I would look into. Some dealers just wont work on them I have found out.........:eek:
Yes I do, but I called them on Fri. and the fellow that answered was not sure if the seals were covered or not. Said he would have to call the factory Rep for an OK, because they are a "Wear" item.

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts