GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride Saturday I hit several real rough spots of road the wing road real harse I thought well the anti dive must be stuck.When i went to the garage today I see fluid under bike the left fork seal is leaking.Did the stuck anti dive cause this. What will it cost to get the seals repaired by dealer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
2 hours and about $10 materials for replacing the seal. That won't fix that @^$& anti-dive valve.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seals

I will have a set of traxxion springs installed and disable the anti dive.

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Angus;

Depends upon your milage. The parts list can (should) grow a bit if your sliders (upper and lower) are worn. The labor should be same with the new parts as with old so tell 'em to use new if needed. I think Max recommends new slider/bushing each re-build, ask him about it and about possibly nixing teh anti-dive too.

prs

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: seals

ANGUS said:
You get way more than springs :p Much better damping devises they are. Do the rear shock too, for balance.

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
Hello Angus,

Depending on your mileage, you might require from 1-4 bushings. By 20,000 miles, the lower bushings are usually worn out. The upper bushings seems to go about twice that long.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Re: seals

ANGUS said:
You can install the anti dive regardless of traxxion upgrade. I did mine to save my fork seal and don't mind the dive on stops at all.

Four M4 washers between the anti-dive halves. 1/2 hour and about a dollar.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Max McAllister said:
Hello Angus,

Depending on your mileage, you might require from 1-4 bushings. By 20,000 miles, the lower bushings are usually worn out. The upper bushings seems to go about twice that long.
Can someone please explain to me what these bushings are? I'll be rebuilding my front end soon, replacing the fork seals and oil, but I wasn't aware of any bushings. With 25K on them, I guess I should replace them too.

Are they available from Hal? Part#?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seals

They will be rebuilding forks later in week seals traxxion springs and sliders.Will they check the anti dive while it is a part.local honda working me in so i can ride the parkway next week.

·
Registered
638 Posts
If you have an extended warranty it should be covered. Mine was.

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
I am sure those are parts Hal has. If you ask for a set of all "fork bushings" you will get 2 upper and two lower bushings. If you need to replace one or all, you will have them. If not, you will have spares for the future. They aren't expensive.

They are the teflon coated rings that allow the two halves of the forks to slide against each other.

8)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seals

Thanks max I got your springs today they will be installed tomorrow with new seal and new sliders.I then will dis-able the anti dive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts