GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I took a trip from Southern CA to Paso Robles. On the way back we rode through Fort Hunter Ligget. Once through the base, you end up on Naciemento-Ferguson Rd, which is a narrow, windy road.

It winds through the mountains for a while before you poke out to an amazing view of the ocean through a valley. It's at this point the video starts and goes through the decent to Highway 1.

If you're ever in the area, make sure you experience this ride. The video doesn't do the scenery justice.

The video is sped up 2x so the file size would be sane to load up.

http://blip.tv/file/2047442

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ahhh Yes -- Taken many a ride over Naciemento Fergerson Road. Just as a caution for any rider that's thinking of this ride -- Make sure you have your paperwork in order -- You will need your registration, License, and Insurance to ride through the Fort (Hunter Legitt).

Dont' forget Nepthane's restaurant for Lunch down on the coast...

Great ride and amazing scenery!

Cheers!
http://www.jimnlyn.com

·
Registered
95 Posts
Enjoyed the video. Hardwoods seem kinda scarce in that area, huh.

By the way, what are those square markings in the road? I saw 3 or 4 of ‘em near the end of the vid.

does anyone here actually carry their registration paperwork anymore?
Always with me here in TN. U-no-hoo has always me asked for it every time I’ve been pulled over. Oh, and they always want the insurance card too. IIRC, they’ll tap ya for about a $100 if ya don’t have one.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ok, I understand insurance and license, but does anyone here actually carry their registration paperwork anymore?
Ummmm -- Dunno about the rest of ya all, But yes, I have my sticker on my license plate and the registration doc. tucked away next to my proof of insurance in the trunk, and my Drivers License with my Motorcycle endorsement in my wallet....

To be honest, I don't know what the Californina Law is about the registration document - I've just always carried it. And, the military won't let you cross the property unless you can prove the bike is in your name, and you have the insurance and license also.

Cheers!

http://www.jimnlyn.com

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Fred are you confusing registration with Title. In Arizona you are in violation and will be ticketed without your registration.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Looks like a great ride coder1, thanks!! We need to get back to California for some riding.

Texas doesn't issue paper registrations anymore, the sticker is the registration. The only paper you get is a receipt. They do want the receipt to be carried in commercial vehicles. :shrug:

So, no Fred I don't carry a registration, I would if I was issued one.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Fred are you confusing registration with Title. In Arizona you are in violation and will be ticketed without your registration.
We are not required to carry registration in Texas. We are not even given them.
Kurt:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Man, it doesn't get much better than that! California coastal mountains provide some of the best riding in the country. thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Ok, I understand insurance and license, but does anyone here actually carry their registration paperwork anymore?
You betcha, all the time, and on this road you won't go through without all the paperwork in order.

Great road to ride and fabulous views by the coastline.

DaleC

·
Registered
651 Posts
We are not required to carry registration in Texas. We are not even given them.
Kurt:thumbup:

The closest thing to a registration is the paperwork the sticker comes on prior to peeling and sticking it on the plate...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts