GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Fort Worth area plan on going to the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show Nov. 17-19???

If so, could you give us a report? I just am curious if they have a great number of new bikes to look at, and any new gadgets, like GPS!!

Also, do they have demo rides?

I think the same people put on the show during March Daytona Bike Week, however, sometimes I think by the time the show gets to us here in Florida, there may be fewer bikes, etc!

Jonar G., aka, the original WHITEFANG 8)

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'll be heading over Saturday morning. From the vendor list, it looks like just about all the motorcycle manufacturers will be there. I've never seen a demo ride at the show in Dallas or Ft. Worth. The same folks put on the Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows all over the place.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Ft Worth show is the same as the Houston one last week. It was a pretty good show but there didn't seem to be a lot of new stuff other than the HD booth. I was really expecting more vendors and a better showing for Honda in the GW area. They had one 06 that was well complimented but they really lacked in showing how you could really extend the driving experieince. Guess the reason was that they only put Honda parts on...

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Would this be worth riding 400 miles for?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Fred H. said:
I will probably go down there on Friday afternoon when they open, and possible again on Sunday. I want to see that new Concours in person.
You'll see it...............but that's all you'll do. No touching, no sitting on it, no monkey fingering. No spec sheets, no prices. I talked to a rep. He said that they will go on sale for order about March. I asked him how anyone could be expected to order one without even being able to sit on it first. He said "I wouldn't".

He claims the MSRP will be between $13,000 and $14,000 and will be announced after the first of the year when the specs are finalized.

Every year I say that I won't go next year and every year I go again. Been to several in Dallas and Houston, always disappointed with the turnout of aftermarket vendors. It seems to me like the major vendors are missing an opportunity. This year in Houston I didn't see any saddle manufacturers or major accessory builders, mostly just local shops and the usual cheap leather sellers. J & P was there as usual.

I won't go next year. :lol:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think my Wife and I will be there Sunday, If I can drag my lazy butt out of bed and tread out in the frozen wasteland that is now Texas....
I HATE cold weather.... 85 to 90 .. ahhh .. I kinda remember Summer 8)

Where
Fort Worth Convention Center
1201 Houston Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102

When
Friday, November 17
4:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday, November 18
9:30am - 8:00pm
Sunday, November 19
9:30am - 5:00pm

http://motorcycleshows.com/motorcycleshows/static/staticHtml.jsp?id=358885

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi!
I will be going Sat. and if I can remember to take a camera I will try to grab some shots.. Im going just to look/buy GW goodies on sale!

I keep hearing from the wife when she goes shopping just how much "I" saved.. ie.. 30%, 40% etc.. NOW its payback.. lol..

When I am done from going wild with all of the goodies, I will PHONE home and remind her just HOW MUCH I SAVED so she can just spend MORE?
Is that right! :D
Cya..at the show
Poldawg!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Pretty much like all the previous ones.

I picked up some more Gerbing items and daughter found a new bike she liked. Honda has a new 750 Spirit with shaft drive. Currently she rides a VLX but wants something with a little more power and larger fuel tank. I wanted the shaft drive. The seat ht is the same as the VLX and she said it felt good. The extra gear should be a big improvement in acceleration. Just need to find one to demo. Her friend picked out a Victory Vegas Jackpot. Nice bike..

I wanted to try on a Caberg Justissimo helmet but no one had one. Not really the place to find accessories.

They had a gal there demo-ing the NoMar tire changer. Pretty slick.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Fred H. said:
The Cycle World show seems to get smaller and smaller every year, yet the motorcycling community is growing by leaps and bounds.

What's up with that?? More riders yet less vendors and displays. Could they be charging too much for booth space?
The Cycle World shows are some of the most expensive in the market.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
in minneapolis the admision price seems to go up every year and at times the place is so very overcrowded its amazing they allow more folks in

·
Registered
624 Posts
Fred H. said:
The Cycle World show seems to get smaller and smaller every year, yet the motorcycling community is growing by leaps and bounds.

What's up with that?? More riders yet less vendors and displays. Could they be charging too much for booth space?

I agree totally. Basically, it's a show that you go to if you want to see all the mfg's new bikes and if you need some cheap costume jewelry or eyeglass cleaner.

The daredevil sideshow is pretty good the first couple of times you see it. But, unless you just hit it lucky, you have to stay longer than necessary just to see that. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts