GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ultimate goal of anyone that makes or sells stuff for motorcycles, is to have enough sales to be able to advertise on sites like this. But until you get enough sales, and if the $$ aren't there, how do you get the word out about what you're making or what you're selling.

To help the startups and little guys I have decided to create:

MCVendors.com​

It's an open forum where anyone making or sellling stuff for motorcycles can register and I will create their own forum (booth) in MCVendors.com. They will be the moderator and will be responsible for the content in their forum. I will not ALLOW ANY ILLEGAL SALES/ACTIVITY!

This is not a commercial enterprise and I'm not selling space on the forum. It's totally free to anyone who wants to try and get to the next level so they can afford to be a sponsor on the big sites like GL1800riders.com I don't intend to charge any vendors. My goal is to have a place where someone can go to find the little guys.. the mom and pops that do a great job but can't afford to pay for advertising yet.

If you make stuff for bikes, and you're having a hard time getting started or you just need more exposure, head over now and sign up and post in the Vendor Check-in so I can get your forum setup for you.

Mods: My intent isn't to take anything away from GL1800Riders.com. My goal is to help those that aren't selling on here...get noticed and make some $$ so they can afford to advertise where they can reach over 30,000 people.
Again: I"m not charging a single penny for this. NOTHING. I'm not selling anything. It's not a Motorcycle forum meant to complete with anyone else. It's a place for new startups to talk to each other, and maybe get a leg up to becoming more successful. I sincerely hope you take my post with the intent that it's written. If this violates your rules, I apologize as I read the rules and must have overlooked it.

Matt
MCVendors.com

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
There are a couple guy doing that for the Concours 1400. Seems there are not a lot of aftermarket stuff for it and a few individuals have taken up making quality stuff in their own shop and selling it. But the are allowed to post on the c14 site and even have a link to all of them.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
As soon as DLP feels like they may loose a nickel to your site, they will kill this thread. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As soon as DLP feels like they may loose a nickel to your site, they will kill this thread. Just saying.
If they feel that I'm a threat, then I would expect that they would PM me and ask me to stop and I will comply, this is their house and even though I feel I'm not a threat, but trying to do some good for everyone, they might not see it that way.. and thats their right. I'll be disappointed, but I will comply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts