GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My wife and I are shopping for a new Wing and I am a little concerned about ride comfort. I am 6' 1" with a 34" inseam. I test drove an '03 last year and I felt cramped in the riding postion. I am sure there are plenty of other riders here with the same issues. What do you suggest I do to increase my comfort? I have done searches for GL1800 Forward Controls and have found nothing.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

·
Registered
759 Posts
no forward controls as such are available..not like they are on cruisers. there are some heel toe shifters available, electric shifting. the best thing you can do for more room is get a new seat. Russell day long seat for example. There are others. I have a russell. they can move you back (giving more room) as much as 2-3 inches. doesnt sound like much, but is a huge improvement over stock. Plus you have the benefit of a much more comfortable seat. great for long rides. money back guarantee if you dont like the finished product..you cant go wrong. Another item that is a must...MBL handlbar risers. moves the stock bars up, back and closer together. I use those too. http://www.day-long.com/new_pages/contact.html for the russell seat. For MBL http://www.mblinnovations.com/

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Many of us who are not vertically challenged have put ****-O-Pegs on our bike, along with other solutions, such as Kuryakyn products. I don't see how forward controls will work well with the wing. It would seem to move your feet and legs out to the side of the fairing, and from experience, I know that is not comfortable. I changed seats (got a Diamond) that moved me back 2" and up 1" and the ****-O-Pegs and that does it for me.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Darren,

I know how you feel. I bought my wing and within a week thought I'd made a big mistake. It took me a year and a half but now I'm so comfortable that it's hard to believe.

Here is a link to the things I did. It's very long, but I hope it can help. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Increasing Rider Comfort

Actually, there are forward controls but they are expensive, bulky and too high IMHO.

Forward Controls

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies and links.. that was what I needed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts