GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Yup, Hannigan has been making those for years now.

To me it looks like a cage and a Gold Wing had a serious time-space conflict.

You know that old rule of physics; two solid objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time.

See what happens when you try to fool mother nature!

-

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Very interesting comment made by a person I meant at Hannigan(later conversed via E-mail).
With the introduction of the CanAm touring model, I asked about buying the Hannigan front conversion wo/the rear, as the way it is presented on the Hannigan web sight makes it appear you must install the rear conversion in order to be allowed to install the front.
I wanted to test one w/just the front converted.
The answer I received, with no further explanation, was testing of just the front conversion installed was not as succesful as desired, therefore, you can not just buy the front conversion, you must also install the rear!
With the price of the Wing, rear conversion and front conversion-I was getting near the range of new Corvette:22yikes:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Last time I dropped into Hannigan the price was, now don't quote me, but I think it was $39,995 for the quad. ouch. the conversion was done on an 02 wing.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
If I have to go to a trike, I wouldn't mind having the front done!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I talked to the guy at Jasper, IN who deals in used trikes and they had one. He said he rode it a while and it wore him out steering it.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I test rode one at Wing Ding in Billings Montana a few years back, as I remember it was a bear to steer.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Last time I dropped into Hannigan the price was, now don't quote me, but I think it was $39,995 for the quad. ouch. the conversion was done on an 02 wing.

Do you remember if that included the cost of the bike or is it after you supply a bike for the conversion.

Personally I can't see anyone riding 70-80 on the freeway with one of these.I'd rather have a Vette or smaller ragtop to play with that won't attract kids to sit on it when parked.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
The test bike was Sharp, and looked really good. :yes1: The geometry of the front end just couldn't be or got fine tuned enough to go into production.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hannigan has to come up with a better bodywork solution for the front end conversion. It looks like an afterthought. Doesn't really follow the form of the bike.

The rear trike kit doesn't take away from the looks of the Wing. The front kit bodywork looks like the Goldwing ran into a Sears car top carrier.

I know redoing the upper fairing would be ridiculously expensive but that's what needs to be done with the front conversion.

Just my 2¢ worth.

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Rocky, that was the cost of the whole rig. bike included. I sat on it and tried to turn the handlebars. it was very very hard sitting still.

·
Registered
366 Posts
4 Wheel Goldwing

Found this at Americade last week. Very interesting.
Reminds me of the parable of the dancing bear. The question is not how, but WHY??????????:22yikes::22yikes:

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
I'll sell my wing before I'll trike it.
I used to say that also! I hope the time never comes for you to "eat those words" as it did for me.
Couldn't bear the thought of not at least still sitting on a bike. Got to be vey hard to hold the Wing up!
I am enjoying my trike. Wish I had triked sooner.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts