GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I found a house in Powell TN.

Looks like by the 1st of March I'll be a red neck, good-old-boy.

Anyone want to volunteer (this is the volunteer state) to drive my bike down for me from Chicago? On second thought, I drive the bike and let my wife drive the truck! After all, I am chief and she is squaw.

burt

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
No reason for you to miss the Tenn Lunch Run then

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Congratulations on finding your new home and welcome to Tennessee, Powell's a nice area.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Burt i was raised out in Powell well up above Powell. Where did you buy at? (road)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the things I plan on doing once I settle in is start a new GWTA chapter. So if anyone thinks they might get in on the ground floor of a new chapter keep that in mind.

Here's your chance to make a club they way you want it, not the way someone else want's it.

burt

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Now whimpy you know you were raised so far back up in the sticks that the Saturday nite Grand Old Opera did get there on the radio untill Sunday afternoon

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Snoop i remember listening to the Grand Old Opera but we did get it on sat:tongue::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We don't have the house yet, we just bit on it. Here is the mls and address.

MLS 631528 - 7809 Blueberry (Powell or Knoxville depending on where you go)

Now I'll need a place to shoot archery as well.

Burt

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Welcome to East Tennesse to you and your wife. Powell is a growing area. When you get settled Wimpy and I will show you some pretty places to ride.
TN lunch run is in April.:congrats:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to East TN, I look forward to riding with you and some of the others on the board...
Jordan

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
...I'll be a red neck, good-old-boy...she is squaw.
Before you put down too many roots, it might be helpful to understand that the terms you used are considered to be offensive by many down here.

FWIW, I'd be a bit more careful using such nouns in public...you might be sadly "informed" that those aren't really appreciated by many folk in these parts.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I guess I should apologize. I sure didn't mean to offend anyone. I will be more careful in the future I can assure you. I guess that's the problem with being from here, not there.

Again, sorry.

Burt

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Snoop i remember listening to the Grand Old Opera but we did get it on sat:tongue::thumbup:
I remember as a kid going to the WNOX studios and listening to Tennesse Ernie Ford and Archie Campbell! Cas Walker had something to do with that show.

This will bring back some memories:

and this.....

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well, I guess I should apologize. I sure didn't mean to offend anyone. I will be more careful in the future I can assure you. I guess that's the problem with being from here, not there.

Again, sorry.

Burt
No problem here Burt, always considered myself a good old boy and kind of proud of it and i'm sure i have a touch of red-neck in me.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Bart i just lived about 3 mile up the road from Archie he was a fun guy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts