GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Been there and done that...at least I can take the Harley to any HD dealer across the nation or internationally, if needed. Can even get it serviced in Ohio, and Texas....:joke::joke::joke:
Dang it Dawg, Rub it in.......:joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Been there and done that...at least I can take the Harley to any HD dealer across the nation or internationally, if needed. Can even get it serviced in Ohio, and Texas....:joke::joke::joke:
Plus one of the better perks of owning a Harley! Never happens on a wing.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got her back today. New shaft, spring, and collar. Runs great. no vibes. We are ready for Nashville, and the "ICBTC"! Tom :biker:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Tom, it's always good news when you get them back. You and Ali please have a safe ride on the way down to Nashville next week.

Ride safe,

Wayne

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tom, it's always good news when you get them back. You and Ali please have a safe ride on the way down to Nashville next week.

Ride safe,

Wayne
Wayne I THINK I AM GOING TO MAKE IT DOWN, hope to meet and greet you properly! Decide I must meet this man who know so much and hangs folks out while kissin utter buttts, This is now a mission for me, YOU KNOW HOW US MARINES GET WHEN THE MISSION IS ON THE LINE. Too hot out west swinging back east early, by the way, ran like a champ for another 3k on this trip so far and 2 days over 110, so maybe you can tell me when my failure will happen, I MEAN YOU KNOW RIGHT?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Got her back today. New shaft, spring, and collar. Runs great. no vibes. We are ready for Nashville, and the "ICBTC"! Tom :biker:
I thought you said you did not have VIBES b4 they the check, so was it vibing b4 or not?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I thought you said you did not have VIBES b4 they the check, so was it vibing b4 or not?

Bob no vibes before or after. LOL I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that. But after surgery like that it was natural to say it. Had her out again today. Everything is fine. Sorry to hear about the heat out west. That's a bummer. Tom :biker:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bob no vibes before or after. LOL I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that. But after surgery like that it was natural to say it. Had her out again today. Everything is fine. Sorry to hear about the heat out west. That's a bummer. Tom :biker:
I didnt think I needed to post the SARCASM SIGN when talk at a friend ohh well it is the gl1800 trike board which pretty much says it all, but hey RIDE SAFE, I AM at the Grand Canyon, Arizona then headed up to the DURANGO BIKE RALLY, won't match up to the ICBTC meal but it should be fun ;), I feel bad to miss it since I was named to the Honor Guard, oh well, maybe next time,,,,RIDE SAFE!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I didnt think I needed to post the SARCASM SIGN when talk at a friend ohh well it is the gl1800 trike board which pretty much says it all, but hey RIDE SAFE, I AM at the Grand Canyon, Arizona then headed up to the DURANGO BIKE RALLY, won't match up to the ICBTC meal but it should be fun ;), I feel bad to miss it since I was named to the Honor Guard, oh well, maybe next time,,,,RIDE SAFE!

We will catch up with each other Bob. Ride safe. Tom :biker:

·
Registered
350 Posts
YUP no sense buggerin the board up with info about a pic, and yes I have one extra in my trunk right now,,,,because if something happens in the YUKON not much choice but to wrench yourself, of course you are in MEMPHIS so not going to such places you probably do not know how isolated they are, no dealers, no shops, no mechanics, wayne I am thinking YOU REALLY HAVE AN AXE TO GRIND, its not healthy my friend to harbor such, it will eat you from the inside out, may take awhile but eventually the IRHARRY effect gets you, be safe and enjoy your self appointed HEAD OF CSC ENGINEERRING, but can you explain why when they pulled mine it was PERFECT? Given your vast experience with CSC machines I am sure you know!:nojoke:
You hit the nail on the head----he's in Memphis, and probably has never been out of it very far !!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
It wasn't broke.....but tried to fix it.

Took the trike last week for the 12k service. Dealer who did the service also built the the trike....2008 CSC. Service mgr. was aware and has repaired 2 CSC drive shaft failures as well as shaft failures on other non CSC trikes. Also informed me that pulling the drive shaft for inspection was now part of their 12K trike service. After inspection I was told mine looked fine but at my request the new spring and collar kit was installed at a total cost of $100.Service mgr spent much time with me and even diagramed the problem area as he was very knowledgeable on CSC in general. He was also painfully honest when he told me he did not know the cause of these two CSC failures he had dealt with or even if the new kit would help to prevent. I did leave Shawnee Honda feeling that they care about their customers and they try to stay on top of any service issues. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Glad their were not issues on your shaft. I also had the revised collar and spring installed. Not sure if it helps or not. So far so good.

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Bob, what is the Ir Harry effeect that you wrote about? He died several months ago and is not around to defend himself. I have known him for several years and always found him very helpfull and FUNNY. He put me onto a good grease for the drive shaft splines. A local logging truck company in his area found that Crotox made by Dupont improved the driveshaft spline life.

My Gen 2 CSC driveshaft failed and the part that had the splines spun out was the rear end of the stock Honda drive shaft. Learned about the short wavewasher spring and collar from this board. Now have that in place. It does make driveshaft removal a lot easier and it will be getting annual maint.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts