GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have a steady local source of non-ethanol gasoline. I hope to get started using it tomorrow. Any problems I need to look for?
TIA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almond Oil Co. on Williston Rd. just south of Lincoln Middle. You can set up an account, billed weekly to your CC. Check out pure-gas.org for more info.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I now have a steady local source of non-ethanol gasoline. I hope to get started using it tomorrow. Any problems I need to look for?
TIA
Setting yourself on fire?

Why would you think you might have any problems? Non-ethanol gasoline has been around longer than non-ethanol and is still readily available where I live. So far, no problems. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
The Kwik-Trip brand in WI, IA, and parts of IL also have non ethanol, but only in the high octane "recreational grade".
Not in all areas..... don't know why either. In the Menomonee Falls/ Germantown, no. In the southwest part of the state they are. I think it has to do with the areas population.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
TIA
Careful because now you may not have to stop as often to fill up. Oh yes, your engine won't know what to do without the extra H20 in the tank

·
Registered
825 Posts
Not a sigle station listed in Memphis, TN darn it!

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
.. Any problems I need to look for?
TIA
falling off the back of the bike due to unexpected and unfamiliar extreme acceleration.
:)

I get 100 gallons delivered each fall
.. then again about mid-winter..
.. makes a very noticeable difference in how the bike performs.

Dennis

·
Registered
268 Posts
Almond Oil Co. on Williston Rd. just south of Lincoln Middle. You can set up an account, billed weekly to your CC. Check out pure-gas.org for more info.
Thanks. I am only a couple of miles from there. It just rained on me. Maybe when it dries up some, I will go there to talk with them. I know when I am in the Blairsville, Ga., area, I get between 46 and 50 mpg on pure gas. I believe they were only 06 to 10 cents a gallon more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts