GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Founds these on Amazon from some Chinese racing shop called FXCNC Racing. They fit well, a tad shorter than stock, but very good-looking, I think..

One gotcha, though... Instead of the dials you find on the stock levers, these have switch levers on the to change the distance from grip. This tends to tempt one to adjust the distance on the fly, as it were. Bad idea, because it seems that if you change the distance on the brake lever, it locks up the front brake. Fortunately, I was slowing for a light when this happened. Had to remove the brake lever to clear the condition.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening with the stock levers? These look and fit exactly like the stock ones; I wonder if maybe changing the setting on the stock lever has the same effect? I hate to send them back..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I cannot answer your question.

I would be concerned about the sharp ends cutting your legs, torso, etc... in an accident.

Just a

Rayjoe
There is a reason that OEM levers have a “ball end”

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
One gotcha, though... Instead of the dials you find on the stock levers, these have switch levers on the to change the distance from grip. This tends to tempt one to adjust the distance on the fly, as it were. Bad idea, because it seems that if you change the distance on the brake lever, it locks up the front brake. Fortunately, I was slowing for a light when this happened. Had to remove the brake lever to clear the condition.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening with the stock levers? These look and fit exactly like the stock ones; I wonder if maybe changing the setting on the stock lever has the same effect? I hate to send them back..
Unfortunately, looking and fitting is not the most important requirement. Engineered and designed for is by far the most important factor. They need to work like OEM levers. Many use the "look and fit" requirement for oil filters and major problems can occur. In your case, you could have had an accident.

The only levers that I've seen that correctly work well are the OEM ones. Often I remove aftermarket ones only to replace them with OEM ones. In my shop removing aftermarket ones are so common that I try and stock at least 5 clutch levers and 3 brake levers.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
To me those aftermarket levers in the pictures look like junk !

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I agree with what everyone has said plus the styling doesn’t seem correct for a goldwing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I prefer OEM parts on my bikes as much as possible. Aftermarket parts houses rarely have the resources to effectively design, analyze, test and manufacture the parts they make and sell..... nor care in most cases as long as they make a buck.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Of course I like them. More on the stretched out choppers, but whatever you like. It would be really boring to see every Gold Wing look the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts