GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Rear straps will work but have to add a small strip of velcro under front center of bag to mount to rack.

Tank bag has a strap that goes under the switch plate in front and a strap that goes around the tank mount under the seat.
Sorry don't know the correct name for that part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you show which model RKA this one is? Any clearance issues with the handlebars at full lock?

Hammy

Rear straps will work but have to add a small strip of velcro under front center of bag to mount to rack.

Tank bag has a strap that goes under the switch plate in front and a strap that goes around the tank mount under the seat.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Looks like the RKA STARR IV

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I have a Mosko Moto rack bag this is great. It expands when need, it's water proof and best of all it has a lock for security.

IMG_8655.jpeg
IMG_8656.jpeg
IMG_8657.jpeg

A.J. Dobbs

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just unclip the rear snap and move the bag out of the way. Super easy and quick to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A. J., I really like that bag - has a very nice look.
I got a 20L Marchway Dry Bag from Amazon and inserted a 19" section of one of those cardboard concrete tubes (8" inside dia) into mine to make it hold its shape.
We then open the end to slide in/out our small snacks,rain liners, thermals, and hat and sunglasses that we access often during the day on our trips.
I have a plastic coated 10" spiral clamp that secures the bag to the luggage rack so no one can do a grab and go on it without some effort. We do take it into the hotel each night or if we have the bike cover with us, we leave it on the bike and it gets covered without any problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts

I can't speak to these two items but I've had some experience with the RKA Saddle Bag Liners. Very nice product. What I liked most was the fact that they open from the side and not the top. So much easier when you're looking for something because you don't need to dig around from the top of the bag. Opens like a suit case. Just an FYI with regard to RKA...

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too am wondering what size the Mosko bag is. Also what straps are you using. Their web site doesn't show the type of straps you are using.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I too am wondering what size the Mosko bag is. Also what straps are you using. Their web site doesn't show the type of straps you are using.
It looks like the Scout series but hard to tell if its a 30 or 60L bag. I’m thinking 30L. I just ordered a 60L. It was on sale at $140. It looks like he opted for the plastic snap cinch straps, which aren’t recommended for the 60L. I ordered the BC metal ones for $20 more. See plastic here: Simple Cinch Strap (Pair)
Looks like the larger bag will fit well on my pillion. I’m replacing a Kury which is nice but not waterproof. Live and learn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts