GL1800Riders Forums banner

Found tank bag and rear rack bag for the 2018 Wing

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  DenMan46 
#1 ·

Rear straps will work but have to add a small strip of velcro under front center of bag to mount to rack.

Tank bag has a strap that goes under the switch plate in front and a strap that goes around the tank mount under the seat.
Sorry don't know the correct name for that part.

See less See more
#2 ·
Can you show which model RKA this one is? Any clearance issues with the handlebars at full lock?

Hammy

Rear straps will work but have to add a small strip of velcro under front center of bag to mount to rack.

Tank bag has a strap that goes under the switch plate in front and a strap that goes around the tank mount under the seat.

#5 ·
I used this bag from RKA https://www.rka-luggage.com/A02 Tankbags/11SR3 Build sheet/113W Build Sheet.html

Found a frame section just under the seat to wrap the strap around. The buckle when not in use is tucked under the seat so I can pull out the strap without having to take anything apart. Once you get the seat off you will see the frame brackets.

And no issues with bar clearnce lock to lock.

#11 ·
A. J., I really like that bag - has a very nice look.
I got a 20L Marchway Dry Bag from Amazon and inserted a 19" section of one of those cardboard concrete tubes (8" inside dia) into mine to make it hold its shape.
We then open the end to slide in/out our small snacks,rain liners, thermals, and hat and sunglasses that we access often during the day on our trips.
I have a plastic coated 10" spiral clamp that secures the bag to the luggage rack so no one can do a grab and go on it without some effort. We do take it into the hotel each night or if we have the bike cover with us, we leave it on the bike and it gets covered without any problem.

Attachments

#12 ·

I can't speak to these two items but I've had some experience with the RKA Saddle Bag Liners. Very nice product. What I liked most was the fact that they open from the side and not the top. So much easier when you're looking for something because you don't need to dig around from the top of the bag. Opens like a suit case. Just an FYI with regard to RKA...

#18 ·
It looks like the Scout series but hard to tell if its a 30 or 60L bag. I’m thinking 30L. I just ordered a 60L. It was on sale at $140. It looks like he opted for the plastic snap cinch straps, which aren’t recommended for the 60L. I ordered the BC metal ones for $20 more. See plastic here: Simple Cinch Strap (Pair)
Looks like the larger bag will fit well on my pillion. I’m replacing a Kury which is nice but not waterproof. Live and learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.