GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I posted a new thread requesting recommendations for gloves. (Thanks, by the way, to all that responded.) I decided to go with the Lee Parks Deer Tours. I purchased them from Fox Creek Leather.

I placed the order online on Saturday morning. Within 1.5 hours, I had an email stating that they had been shipped. When I got home from work Monday, they were waiting for me. Their service exceeded anything I could have reasonably expected.

Ultimately, I will be sending the gloves back, unfortunately. They are very nice gloves and could be very comfortable. For me, though, the fit is a little off. I wind up with bunching on the outside of my hand, which pushed the glove away from my fingers. I wind up with the second joint of my pinky finger positioned in the glove where the first joint should be. Can't win 'em all.
Now I just gotta decide what gloves to buy, again. I'd really like the Held Phantom, but I don't think they fit in my budget. So, I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Jackets are Great!

You should try their leather jackets.....:thumbup:
+100 :agree:

My wife and I both have Fox Creek Leather jackets. Can't beat them, but they're expensive. Service is great too!

B

·
0 Posts
Last week I posted a new thread requesting recommendations for gloves. (Thanks, by the way, to all that responded.) I decided to go with the Lee Parks Deer Tours. I purchased them from Fox Creek Leather.

I placed the order online on Saturday morning. Within 1.5 hours, I had an email stating that they had been shipped. When I got home from work Monday, they were waiting for me. Their service exceeded anything I could have reasonably expected.

Ultimately, I will be sending the gloves back, unfortunately. They are very nice gloves and could be very comfortable. For me, though, the fit is a little off. I wind up with bunching on the outside of my hand, which pushed the glove away from my fingers. I wind up with the second joint of my pinky finger positioned in the glove where the first joint should be. Can't win 'em all.
Now I just gotta decide what gloves to buy, again. I'd really like the Held Phantom, but I don't think they fit in my budget. So, I'll keep looking.
I wish I would have seen this post earlier, I could have saved you the trouble of that order. I, too, purchased the same gloves and after very careful measurements according to their pattern I printed out, I couldn't even get the glove on my right hand! What a joke! I also was not impressed with the quality of this pair and they went back.

However, I ordered the much cheaper Brown Cascadia Deerskin Gloves from FoxCreek and they fit perfect and are the most comfortable glove I have ever purchased. The brown is a real dark brown and is almost black. I really don't mind the color, the fit and feel is wonderful. They are not lined so the feedback thru the bars is great. Good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a pair of the Deer Tours that I have worn while riding for the past 3 years. I like them so much I ordered a pair of the DeerSports PCI lined gloves. I also like them a lot. They fit great and are very comfortable. I think gloves are one of those items that you just have to try on to see if they are going to fit correctly.

JMHO,
Hal

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And therein lies the problem with mail order gloves. Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck finding any locally that I like. I haven't looked everywhere yet, but it's getting close.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Maybe here's a thought for some of you that have trouble getting gloves to fit. I have a small hand with short stubby fingers; but my hand is wide across. What I have done is order a smaller size that fits the fingers properly and then taken the glove to my shoe repair place and they have opened the stitches and put a small leather gusset on the side to widen the opening so I can get my hand in. Costs me $10 a pair; but I have perfect fitting gloves.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
...Now I just gotta decide what gloves to buy, again...
I don't think I know anyone that has had a good fit with the Lee Parks.

You might want to consider Full-Day Touring - they make custom-fit gloves. Certainly not inexpensive but at least they fit.

All disclaimers apply.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DT,
I took a look at the Full-Day gloves. They're really no more expensive than the gloves I've found that fit.
I assume you use these gloves? If so, what do you think of them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts