GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been 60 days and counting. Bike is still at Dealership-just returned from Ohio. Dealer says still another two weeks away from being able to pick up. Dealer showed me crack in frame (was not there in Novemeber). Honda said after looking at it that crack was not bad enough for a frame replacement. I told them from start I did not want a "weld" they told me they are the professionals here not me- so they decided on a weld. I don't like that at all. Anyway-I notofied Honda weeks ago that according to MD law my bike qualified as a Lemon-They had 14 days to repsond-still nothing (all sent certified) "over 60 days total and still counting". Papers have been filed with the State Attorney's Office also.

Any suggestions-All I want is the "BIKE" I though I was buying so I can get back on it and ride.

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
Contact NHTSA. 60 days is over the legal time limit that Honda has to get the bike repaired. NHTSA can and will put pressure on Honda to resolve your situation, but they won't do a thing if you don't contact them.

Send me your name, phone number, location and VIN and I will forward your info directly to NHTSA if you like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frame Issue

Thanks Fred, I've spoken to NHTSA twice. They were the one to tell me to contact the Maryland States Attorney's office. They also said they would get back to me but that has been atleast 10 days.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Frames

C130,

If your bike is "back from Ohio" then it's already welded, right? The responsibility now is with the dealer to get your bike back to you in a timely manner. If the dealer is dragging his feet for some reason, they are not operating as Honda has dictated. You should press the Customer Realtions people at Honda in Torrance, CA for action on the dealer. Since you are new to this, it is helpful to some of us if we know the name of the dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frame Welded

Yes, Bike is back from Ohio and frame was rewelded. I received bike last night from dealer, all looks ok. Will wait to hear what State's Attorney has to say-since Honda told me they received a call from them. It's a shame when you have to involve outside sources (state's attorney just to get your bike finished) Dealer said it Honda's Fault-Honda say it's dealer's fault. Where are the days when ownership and doing the right thing was the normal thing to do. I've found no evidence here by the dealer or Honda that they care about me or my bike. This saddends me.

I chose not to give someone my VIN etc, my bike, I'm dealing with it. Thanks for the offer anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts