GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been posting much on this topic for a lot of reasons. Biggest reason was that it tended to be very divisive in the manner in which it was discussed. But thats for another time.

In our last batch of frame welding we had two bikes that had cracks/issues that we sent back to the factory for repair. The factory was closed and Honda picked the bikes up on January 6. We just got a phone call from the trucking company that they will be back here with the repaired bikes either today or tomorrow. I am amazed at the turn around time when you factor in the shipping up and back.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have you seen any cracks on bikes outside the official recall numbers ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Frame Recall

I was in the recall and I remember it created some harsh posts and hard feelings. I'm glad we're back to talking about everyday stuff about the bike. In spite of the recall (frame) and campaign (ECM), I still love this bike and don't think there's anything out there that can match it for power, comfort, handling and gizmos.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Took my 02 in last saturday for the frame re weld. Told them to take their time as i have the next 4 weeks to re weld my tendon to my ankle. No bike accident just some repair and maint to a old 'frame'.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The truck just showed up with the repaired GL1800s. They look good to me and the frames too.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I thought you were not supposed to strap to the crash bars? Am I missing something? Glad the frame issue is behind us. There are some cracked frames outside of the recall. Is there any movement to address any more vin numbers? I know of at least one outside the vin numbers in central Florida.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I hauled my GL1800 home from Southern KY (8 hour trip) using 3 pair of straps. I had the rear strapped by the rear crash bars... with the straps running to the rear corners of the trailer.

And I had two straps on the front crash bars, but didn't have much pressure on those. I had those straps running straight out to the sides.

Also, I had the front strapped using soft ties looped over the triple tree. The straps ran to the front corners of the trailer. I'm guessing that of the 3 pair, that these straps were doing half the work.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Oh Man ?

Gee' there both the prettiest color too ! :yes2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts